Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed plz

Options
  • 29-08-2008 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

First of all,mods please feel free to move this to the right fourm as I havent a clue where to put this.Thanks

Here goes.

My sisiter in the last 2 weeks bought a watch for her boyfriend off a website http://www.replica031.com without telling me.But the thing is the watch she ordered and the 1 she got are 2 diiferent watches.She and I havent emailed them bout 10/12 times since and they first wanted extra money to send on the right watch.When we said no,they said the watch she ordered is out of stock.
    When she asked for a refund they never gave her a straight answer,just tried to sell her and another watch and now are not even answering our emails.

Any advice on what to do or is she f**ked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

tbh i'd call the bank and try to do a charge back on the credit card, assuming she paid by credit card. if they're not answering emails there's not much else you can do

this should be in consumer issues probably. i'm not sure what made you think a mobiles forum was suitable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Yep, try to get the CC co to stop payment.

TBH, it's a website selling fake watches. Hardly trustworthy in the first place.

Edited to say:

Took a quick look at the site and went to checkout, the page isn't secure! You might tell your sister to get onto the CC company sharpish!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they also have quite bad english and are requesting that you send them everything they'd need to identity theft you
    If you pay over $500 ,we would appreciate if you scan your ID card ,driver's license and bank month knotting list and email them to us,what's more, we will send a watch for you as a gift.

even if the page was secure, it's only as secure as the people you're sending the info to. i've changed my recommendation to call the bank, cancel your card and request a new one. after the charge back of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭power2614

Thanks for the replies,will get on to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Took a quick look at the site and went to checkout, the page isn't secure! You might tell your sister to get onto the CC company sharpish!

Not every site uses a security cert when getting personal details, this one does when at the checkout page, the page is secure(Not to worry the OP)

It's done through NPS http://www.nps.cn/English/aboutnps/Security%20Overview.htm a credit card processing company in china.

But the website still looks dodgy and it is selling knock off watches!.

• Advertisement
Advertisement