Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Server???

Options
  • 29-08-2008 3:33pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know about 10 people not on Boards who will be playing this from day 1!

We need to agree an Irish Server so that we can at least all be in the same realm (because usually everyone ends up on different servers with lvl 60 characters and wanting to raid together.

Do anyone know a server list yet?? How can we organise this, pick one asap and spread the word?? If everyone on this thread posts to say they will join the irish server when its decided then we'll form critical mass ( well thats the theory!).

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

No server lists as of yet.
    We might aswell spend the beginning of day 1 checking each server for the best pings and go from there.

In order to get as many of us on the one server we might aswell spend the first day or two figuring out what is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Aswell as that, will there be an Irish guild set up for Order/Chaos ? i would place my gold coins on a yes but who knows :)

Yup I'm making one with a few people allready (Irish people)
    Might aswell post the thread now I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I'll be dragging a few Eve Online Irish lads with me to this also, will be nice having a big horde of Irish running around. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I've 3-4 Irish WoW players coming with me, possibly a couple more. None of them are on boards much though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

My main will be going with the server chosen by the dodgy guild I've thrown my lot in with, but I'll probably go with an alt on whatever the intended Irish server is.

The server names will all be after locations in the Warhammer world, though we don't have a precise list yet.

What's the story with server types? Will there be different PvE and PvP servers like WoW?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wreck wrote: »
    What's the story with server types? Will there be different PvE and PvP servers like WoW?

There'll be core rules, open rules, and RP variants of them. In open you're flagged for PvP at all times.

There will be (so far), Open RvR and Closed RvR. Pretty much like PvP and Pve, in the sense that on one you wil have to type /rvr or something similar in order to flag yourself.
    The other being you are openly attackable at any time.

There are discussions atm on the whole "chickening" effect (where high ranking players who return to lower level zones get turned into a chicken thats killable in 1 hit). The discussions are kinda about how that would work on Open RvR servers

edit - Yeah, forgot Core rules. That will be like the Normal mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm thinking core, while open PvP is nice sometimes you'd like to just go about your own business.

• Advertisement

Yeh Core sounds like the safest bet for starting the game.

Coming from the Eve world i'd prefer open RvR but i'll stick to whatever the vast majority decide.

R0ot wrote: »
    Coming from the Eve world i'd prefer open RvR but i'll stick to whatever the vast majority decide.

PvP is easy to find, simply head to the nearest PvP lake or press the join scenario button, there's no need to be under attack at all times.

Spear wrote: »
    PvP is easy to find, simply head to the nearest PvP lake or press the join scenario button, there's no need to be under attack at all times.

The need is more of the risk factor than the "I think id like to fight now, but not then" but if WAR is anything like WoW there won't be much risk to the loss. Anyway as said i'll follow the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'll be giving this a shot on release. Would be interested in joining yas on whatever server you choose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I'll be joining some existing Guild mates on WAR, but considering the number of alts I tend to play, having more of them in an Irish guild won't be a problem either :)

I'd definitely prefer an open RvR server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I will be keeping track on IRC seeing where majority of the uk community are going. Think we should go where they go to avoid as many seedes dutch greeks etc tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'll possibly be joining SWG guildmates (The White Wolves) in their WAR incarnation of the same name. I'll try steer them to the 'right' server ;)

But failing that I'm sure I'll have a few characters spread about.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

me and some friends from WoW Eu outland server will be starting up with WAR so i'll be keeping an eye on what server you guys pick to be on with WAR. seems like a healthy number want to be destruction. more fun being bad eh? :)

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I don't really mind whether core or open. I just hope we can all take care to join the same server. Please make sure you check here before you create characters.

I think the OB server names will carry over to the launch. The early access ones certainly will anyway. So hopefully we can agree on a server well in advance of launch.

If only I could decide what class to go with...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

They will 100% be giving a list of servers before they go up aswell so it would be good to look around different forums as say for example the greek wow community all joined the server I joined and it was ruined as no one would speak English.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Hopefully it's chosen before the headstart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

bubonicus wrote: »
    Hopefully it's chosen before the headstart.
    ah sure we'll choose it during the open beta, and we'll use it from the headstart on..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

DanOB wrote: »
    ah sure we'll choose it during the open beta, and we'll use it from the headstart on..
    That sounds like a good plan. I'd probably go for the open RvR servers where you can be attacked at any time but I will follow the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭paddyman

Hey all,

Me and my bro also have the CE and will be wanting to join a server with some good oul irish people to enjoy the game with.

Im also 100% pvp, so what ever server type has the strongest/open pvp rule set would be my preference.

Also came from a long EVE career, still wish i'd never given it up sometimes.

paddyman wrote: »
    Hey all,

Me and my bro also have the CE and will be wanting to join a server with some good oul irish people to enjoy the game with.

Im also 100% pvp, so what ever server type has the strongest/open pvp rule set would be my preference.

Also came from a long EVE career, still wish i'd never given it up sometimes.

100% pvp, niiiiice.
    You going destruction or Order

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭paddyman

My favorite char at the moment is the Magus (even though no one really knows what the char will end up like for launch)

Destruction seems to be the way forward :)

Looking forward to trying a MMO again. aint played one for a while.

Probably cant match the days of college when i could put a 20 hr session in no probs lol but i'll give it a good bash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

100% PvP for me too... I mean, come on. How can you stick your nose up at WoW players, who arent even playing a real PvP game, when you would be playing WAR where you get turned into a chicken for going into too low a level RvR area.

For shame people, for shame!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Ivan wrote: »
    where you get turned into a chicken for going into too low a level RvR area.
    TBH that's one of the things I am going to do first if/when its possible, chicken Pwnage FTW!

Advertisement