Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Server???

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

TBH that's one of the things I am going to do first if/when its possible, chicken Pwnage FTW!

There's a whole series of tome titles for playing as chicken as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

100% PVP Open RvR :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, on Open RvR you turn into a chicken as soon as you enter a lower zone? Will that really work? What happens when your levelling up, ding (i swear i wont user this term again), then bam, your a chicken. Seems like an odd way of doing it.

I'll follow the masses though. Chaos masses that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

IT wont work at all but due to the masses on the beta forums, its hard to get the point across. It just cant work like that. Higher rank players have to be allowed permission to enter lower tier zones, otherwise the server will reach a point where you are forced to make a new char to shift control in those zones.

The chickening feature is lacking in imagination.
    I really hope they come up with something more creative than that.
    Low rank players get buffed up to the max of the tier they are in, when entering rvr zones.
    I cant understand why they cant come up with a debuff system that makes higher rank players, the same rank as the lower ones and blocks their spells etc.
    Sure it would be a lot more coding, but they are Developers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Kiith wrote: »
    So, on Open RvR you turn into a chicken as soon as you enter a lower zone? Will that really work? What happens when your levelling up, ding (i swear i wont user this term again), then bam, your a chicken. Seems like an odd way of doing it.

I'll follow the masses though. Chaos masses that is.
    Yeah its a good point that I didn't think of, it means there are areas of the game where you can't go without turning into a chicken if you are a high level. Can't help lower level friends, can't explore bits you missed...not a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yeah its a good point that I didn't think of, it means there are areas of the game where you can't go without turning into a chicken if you are a high level. Can't help lower level friends, can't explore bits you missed...not a good idea.

There's also the argument that on open servers, the PvP will be diluted since there's less need for the RvR lake, and the focus will be lost on the BO's and keeps.

Yeah I think Core servers are the way to go now.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Core (ie: lowest common denominator) for the Irish server, then let everyone then do their own thing with alt. So if you want to be on a closed server then you are, if you want to be on an open server just never turn off your PVP tag or hop over to an Alt. Does that sound like a plan or am I missing something!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

im confused.. whats core?

DanOB wrote: »
    im confused.. whats core?

The standard set of rules, i.e. chickened only when you manually flag yourself for PvP in a lower tier.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    Core (ie: lowest common denominator) for the Irish server, then let everyone then do their own thing with alt. So if you want to be on a closed server then you are, if you want to be on an open server just never turn off your PVP tag or hop over to an Alt. Does that sound like a plan or am I missing something!

DeV.

There's no such thing as closed, it's core or open, RP or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Core is what the developers created the game around, there are no PvE servers as this isn't WoW. Its primarily a RvR game which means that if you don't like PvP you probably won't get much out of it.

I think Open is just something the devs added as an afterthought because there was demand for it.

I'm 100% behind rolling on a Core server.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

fnck it, lets even have 1 open and 1 core as the irish servers, at least we wont be spread over the whole range as usual! :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Well if everyone is planning an Order alt at some stage, why not plan for that on the Open RvR server?

No harm in all sticking together for each new server, unless someone wants to purposely go a new path which is fine.

Destruction Zerg on Core and Order zerg on Open?

Whichever servers we choose, do so with pings in mind (although ping could change with server population :/

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

DeVore wrote: »
    fnck it, lets even have 1 open and 1 core as the irish servers, at least we wont be spread over the whole range as usual! :)

DeV.

I dunno about that - some people like to have one or maybe two mains tops (like me). I think for better or worse we should stick with the one server or we'll end up with some preferring one server and others another server. I assume we can create multiple charachters on servers in the full game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yep, I'm the same. It'll be one server tops for me.

If the chickening mechanic goes through as it is in the latest patch notes than I won't be rolling any characters on an Open server. Its completely retarded as it is at the moment.

whatduck wrote: »
    If the chickening mechanic goes through as it is in the latest patch notes than I won't be rolling any characters on an Open server. Its completely retarded as it is at the moment.
    You in the beta? I am not but from what I have read I agree, its sounds terrible (except for the possiblilty over running around as a little chicken --> Chicken Pwnage FTW :pac:).

I'm not in the beta. I have been reading a good few threads on peoples concerns over the chickening mechanic on warhammeralliance. For a good while no one was sure how it was going to work on Open because there was no Open servers in beta. Looks like the worst has been confirmed, I hope they change this or I can see the Open servers being sparsely populated.

whatduck wrote: »
    I'm not in the beta. I have been reading a good few threads on peoples concerns over the chickening mechanic on warhammeralliance. For a good while no one was sure how it was going to work on Open because there was no Open servers in beta. Looks like the worst has been confirmed, I hope they change this or I can see the Open servers being sparsely populated.

The alternative is to allow ganking and Mythic have said from the start they wouldn't. It seems if you want the "purer" ideal of WAR is everywhere then you have to give up far too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Spear wrote: »
    The alternative is to allow ganking and Mythic have said from the start they wouldn't. It seems if you want the "purer" ideal of WAR is everywhere then you have to give up far too much.

From the sounds of it, Eve is closer to the war is everywhere ideal, but WAR should still be interesting. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

anyway, they're still making changes- dont forget that :)

R0ot wrote: »
    From the sounds of it, Eve is closer to the war is everywhere ideal, but WAR should still be interesting. :D

But in core you can still of course choose to flag yourself for RvR, rather than have it forced upon you. Is Eve's system similar?

There's no flag to flip in eve, its default pvp for everyone.

That's how open works in WAR, except I doubt Eve turns you into a chicken for entering a lower tier system.

Is it a gankfest? I've never played eve. I think stopping ganking is a good idea but this chicken mechanic creates more problems than it solves TBH.

Is it a gankfest? I've never played eve. I think stopping ganking is a good idea but this chicken mechanic creates more problems than it solves TBH.

Okay don't want to drag this topic any further off topic so simple answer then any other info you want drop me a PM or ask in the Eve Online forum.

Eve has 3 levels of systems High Sec, Low Sec and Null Sec (0.0) ranked between 1.0 to 0.0.

High sec has NPC security called Concord which will destroy any unprovoked attack on someone, you cannot kill them and they will eventually destroy you. (edit: If your smart and don't go afk auto-piloting in High Security Space your usually ok) This however does not always protect the victim that was attacked in the first place, to coin a player phrase - 'CONCORD provide consequences, not safety; only you can do that.'. You also take a hit to your security status based on the rank of the system you attack someone in. War Declarations are the only alternative that, for certain fee, will turn a corp/alliance of corps into a viable target therefore creating a null sec sort of thing in High Security between the corps/alliances involved in the war.

Low sec you still take a security hit and there is minimal NPC protection at gates and stations but not in space, null sec being the anything goes way where players make their own rules and regulations (bar exploits). Any further questions on the matter pm me or hit the eve online forum. :D

Back on topic: The flagging yourself for pvp thing doesn't exactly appeal to me, but the concept of the WAR game itself is why i'm playing it anything else will be a bonus or something to keep me in the game longer.

There's no such thing as off topic in this forum :p

omg back-seat modding ban ban ban

There's no such thing as off topic in this forum :p

omg back-seat modding ban ban ban

Sorry i've had my run in with the WoW'ers over this, <3 rev. :pac:

• Advertisement

flash back time !

Advertisement