Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Server???

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Want a Cuddle, Rev?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'll always take a cuddle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Eve and UO have always been the best for PvP apparently. DAoC coming after them?

Anyway, as stated earlier, core servers are looking to be the more populated (more fun in that case) servers so for our first run at the game, we might aswell go that road?

I still (:o) play Ultima Online mostly every day, logging in to PvP/Pk, so Open RVR appeals to me 100%. I'd still go Core though to go with the masses at first. It's not really THAT much of a difference anyhow imo

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Rev, I presume you can provide a home for the Guild over at Darkkeep as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Spear wrote: »
    The alternative is to allow ganking and Mythic have said from the start they wouldn't. It seems if you want the "purer" ideal of WAR is everywhere then you have to give up far too much.

There are quite a few alternatives, you could allow people to enter a lower tier zone RvR flagged and only chicken them if they try and attack a lowbie (or buff/heal another lowbie attacking an enemy lowbie), if the lowbie attacks them first than they can kill the lowbie as thats only fair.

That would allow people to explore/quest/complete their ToK in lower tier zones and stop ganking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

whatduck wrote: »
    There are quite a few alternatives, you could allow people to enter a lower tier zone RvR flagged and only chicken them if they try and attack a lowbie (or buff/heal another lowbie attacking an enemy lowbie), if the lowbie attacks them first than they can kill the lowbie as thats only fair.

That would allow people to explore/quest/complete their ToK in lower tier zones and stop ganking.

That would allow groups of lower level players to do the same to single higher players. What would be the point of entering a lower tier area flagged for RvR if you can't attack anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Maximilian wrote: »
    Rev, I presume you can provide a home for the Guild over at Darkkeep as well :)

I'm too lazy too do it, sure you have all the powers I have there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i've played Daoc and its amazing pvp so mythic who made daoc shoudl hopefully do a good job in warhammer too.

can't wait for this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I have a spare ventrillo server thats lying unused most of the time btw if we can use it for anything ill throw up the IP, 25 total on the number of clients though.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Spear wrote: »
    That would allow groups of lower level players to do the same to single higher players. What would be the point of entering a lower tier area flagged for RvR if you can't attack anyone?

Well if you read my post I said that if the lower level players attack a higher level player in a lower tier zone then they are attackable by that player without chickening. The point in entering lower tier areas is so that you can explore/do quests/get tome unlocks. The point of the chicken is that you can't gank, the system I proposed stops ganking and allows high level players to run around lower tier areas and do everything apart from ganking. The system they have at the moment means that you get auto chickened just by entering a lower tier area RvR flagged which is total bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

KoKane wrote: »
    Eve and UO have always been the best for PvP apparently. DAoC coming after them?

UO, Daoc then Eve.

Never played UO, started when Daoc was in beta played for about 3 years or more then started in EVE.. Ive been told my EVE charactor is still hanging around today causing trouble! Specced up to the nine's!

phear meh! or ..him anyway..

i got the beta key!!! freddyshouse , the link i posted above sent it to me today! hell ya.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Server wise we have so far
    Alarielle
    Burlok
    Ellyrion
    Karag Dron
    Karag Orrund
    Karak Hirn
    Worlds Edge Mountains.

These don't seem to match the US names.

i like the name karag dron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

go burlok

Karak Norn has also appeared now. There's 8 English servers in total so far, though only 1 Italian.

screenshot000sz9.th.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

23123213123.jpg

Yeah, goddamn greyed out servers...

Might aswell go for one of the ones listed

Advertisement