Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rhythm is a Dancer - Snap

Options
  • 29-08-2008 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Just had a horrible discovery. My favourite ridiculous lyric ever comes from this 1992 song:

"I'm as serious as cancer/when I say rhythm is a dancer"

But I've just found out it's a rip-off of another song!!! Eric B and Rakim's "I Ain't No Joke" from 1987 which contains the line:

"I got a question as serious as cancer/who can keep the average dancer/..."

I can't believe it! I feel like a kid who's just been told Santa doesn't exist :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i dunno, there's not that many words that rhyme with cancer that you can use in a song... and cancer is pretty serious, and was a hell of a lot more so in 1992.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Still the greatest dance song ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Not as bad a lyric as "I met a girl, she asked me my name, i told her what it was" but it's bad and i am dissappointed to hear that news. A lot of people i know are using "Rhythm is a dnacer" as cockney rhyming slang for cancer too now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Prefabsprouter

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Still the greatest dance song ever
    Well thats a matter for debate but it is good!! IMHO there are better. Brings me back to summer of 92!! :D

Advertisement