Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looks like McCain has picked his VP...

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

axer wrote: »
    me too.
    oscarBravo wrote: »
    I'd also like to see some support for that claim, now that it's been made at least twice.

From The Washington Post. Only a poll but between anecdotal reports and responses there appears to be some movement. That allied with the very poorly-chosen, though not offensive imo, pig comment yesterday will not have helped him.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

is_that_so wrote: »
    Only a poll but between anecdotal reports and responses there appears to be some movement.
    That's a bit of a climb-down from the claim that "[d]isaffected Hillary voters are flocking to the McCain/Palin ticket in droves..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

oscarBravo wrote: »
    That's a bit of a climb-down from the claim that "[d]isaffected Hillary voters are flocking to the McCain/Palin ticket in droves..."
    Poor guy - maybe fox "news" gave him that line and he might have thought they were a real news channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Agreed. Like everything in this election there is a degree of hyperbole and exaggeration. Considering how close it is likely to be it may not need an awful lot of movement either way. Nevertheless the problems Obama had in not decisively closing out the Dem nomination may indeed be a factor in how it all pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

lol, they really should have just left it at there being a whiff of censorship about her.

this is just gonna help her even more.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/13/author-of-book-palin-targ_n_126236.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Actually, as an intelligent, apparently clued-in, well/straight spoken american voter and taxpayer, I would very much like to hear what what Matt Damon has to say about the US elections.

I presume you're talking about yourself being intelligent, clued-in and straight-spoken, not Matt Damon.

NTM

Advertisement