Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountancy Courses

• 29-08-2008 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Hi i would be returning to studying as a mature student as some mishaps in my younger days led to me not achieving what i wanted when i was in second level school, im only 23 but i regret alot of messing around i did when i was younger due to the job i have now! :)

i have always had an intrest in accountancy and my question is how do i go about it?

i dont have a great leaving cert and im completely lost when it comes to how to get back into education, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

kryogen wrote: »
    Hi i would be returning to studying as a mature student as some mishaps in my younger days led to me not achieving what i wanted when i was in second level school, im only 23 but i regret alot of messing around i did when i was younger due to the job i have now! :)

i have always had an intrest in accountancy and my question is how do i go about it?

i dont have a great leaving cert and im completely lost when it comes to how to get back into education, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I would not worry about going back to education while i am not a mature student i have been studying a a computer course in WIT with a number of mature students and they have progressed like me without too much hassel infact they have survived where my fellow younger students have failed. WIT has great supports in place for mature students.

Your 23 Thats still quiet young compared to your average mature student at least in my course

Have you taught about doing WIT's WIT Foundation Studies Certificate Course for a year that will give you a taster of all course on offer at WIT. Either way mature students are assessed for college entry differently then other students, and it does not matter if you have a leaving cert or not . When you apply through the cao you will need to fill out all parts of the cao.

Advertisement