Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a Destruction guild

Options
  • 29-08-2008 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

(had this all typed up and then hit some combination of keys with my right hand and lost it all as browser closed, W,T,F)
    Anyhow...

Making a Destruction guild open to all races and careers. I had a guild in beta so no stranger to any of that etc. Main focus will be on PvP but ofcourse PvE and Crafters (if any in this game) are welcome.
    I'm in the Irish E-Sports clan at the mo (no that wont be guild name lol) so a good few of them will be playing too.
    I havent actually decided on a guild name so ideas are welcome.

So..

Guild Name: unknown
    Guild Faction: Destruction
    Website/forums: Yes
    VoIP: Yes (Mumble)

Anyone up for it lemme know. Still plenty of time till release though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Karltehmighty

im in, and ill roll w/e ever class necessary. is the clan standard gona include some combination of ireland or an abbreviation such as ire or ie and the irish colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Dunno about the standard yet lol

guild name will be Khaotica but subject to change lol

cant edit my original post wtf

Any PvPrs out there? :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We all are PvP'er, but as we are all (hopefully) going to be joining the Boards.ie guild, we wont be able to join a different one. Your more then welcome with us there though.

This was meant to be the boards guild only I'd have a VoIP setup going and private forums if needed :/

Looks like I should have gone for "lets make a guild" rather than "I'm making a guild"

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Im all on for making/joining a guild but you seriously need to have a lot of full time players to mix with the casual players.

Ive been the PVP officer and co Gm for a lot of guilds (not including AoC) and you need to be able to form full Guild PVP groups the majority of the time to be viable for serious end game playing.

I think you need to work on what kind of guild you want to be end game and work from there. Decide if your going to be just a casual irish only-ish guild, or if your going to be actively recruiting from the get go, trying to get and average of about 100 guildies.

I dont think we can be an Irish only guild if we really want to do anything of substance. Once we have the core Irish group from boards.ie, we should be willing to recruit people.

Ofc.
    Provided things dont go all Age of Conan-shaped, I have full intentions of getting a big guild going. One that will last and most definitely be very feared by the opposition.

I'm the type of player to only ever have like 3 characters, not making any new ones untill I have mastered the current one.

KoKane wrote: »
    Ofc.
    Provided things dont go all Age of Conan-shaped.

Dont jinx us!! ;)

Good to hear, Im only ever have one charactor. full stop.

(Buff bots dont count :P)

Can you get buff bots in this game?

Like running a second client on your machine, or another machine?
    I dont think its allowed.
    I also dont think it would work so well here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Yeah I am up for joining the boards guild. I probably won't be in until launch date though, no beta access for me :(

Gonna roll a Squiggy and A.N. other. Maybe a Zealot healer...

Like running a second client on your machine, or another machine?
    I dont think its allowed.
    I also dont think it would work so well here

I would simply be playing on two accounts at the one time.

Well they never really allow or deny buff bots they just frown on them.

Does any Support class have buffing abilities, where range doesnt matter or where the buff doesnt run out until you die?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I would simply be playing on two accounts at the one time.

Well they never really allow or deny buff bots they just frown on them.

Does any Support class have buffing abilities, where range doesnt matter or where the buff doesnt run out until you die?

A lot of buffs have 60 minute durations.

Can't you just play the game for a bit with one character, before multiboxing? I really hope they dont allow it like the do in Warcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Kiith wrote: »
    Can't you just play the game for a bit with one character, before multiboxing? I really hope they dont allow it like the do in Warcraft.

They allow it in almost any mmo's where another char requires another paying account, more money for them so they don't frown upon it. :D

Spear wrote: »
    A lot of buffs have 60 minute durations.

Thats probably what they have used to remove buff bots, I dont mind it to be honest. Once everyone is on the same level its grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

is anybody gonna start makin a list of the 'so far' destruction members?

For this guild?
    Spose I could throw one together using names of people from IE that will be playing.
    Anyone from boards here thats up for getting this guild going in game then?

I suppose I could edit my second post in this thread with a "roster" of those willing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

For this guild?
    Spose I could throw one together using names of people from IE that will be playing.
    Anyone from boards here thats up for getting this guild going in game then?

I suppose I could edit my second post in this thread with a "roster" of those willing.
    sounds like a plan..

lash me down as a maybe, im gonna try both black orc and a warrior preist in the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

+1 IE clanleader (ME) will be giving this some serious attention come sept 18th ^^ - at least 12+ of us will be buying it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'm in, didn't realize launch was so soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Preordered on EAstore, so count me in :D

This may turn out handy:

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68904

Locations of flight masters in the first zones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This may turn out handy:

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68904

Locations of flight masters in the first zones.

Not as much as you'd think. Every warcamp has a flight master and there'll be quests from the chapter camp just before it that will lead you there, so by playing the game it's almost impossible to avoid the warcamp and their flight masters.

Er, Im on about going there right from the moment your char is created.
    Log in and leggit so you can level with your mates, if you're a different race.
    You and I will know where to go but those who arent in beta :/
    Although over 2000 beta keys(probly loads more too) given out aswell as all the preorders that people got on here... I'm sure everyone will know where to go lol

Advertisement