Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Columbia chooses Scott

Options
  • 29-08-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Team Columbia has chosen Scott as its bike supplier for 2009, replacing Giant as the brand that carried Bob Stapleton's young team to 117 victories in 2008, 65 for the men and 52 for the women. The Scott Addict LTD is said to be the team's choice.

From bikeradar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The Scott Addict LTD is said to be the team's choice.
    Ha, I wouldn't mind one of those bikes myself. Scott have a good deal there too, jumping from a collapsing team of dopers to one with a pretty clean reputation (since they became High Road/Columbia anyway.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cantalach

Hmm...I wonder if that makes it more likely we'll see Giant supplying CSC-Saxo Bank seeing as they'll no longer be using Cervélo. They certainly have the bucks to make Mr Riis an offer he can't refuse, and they'll definitely want some leading ProTour team to be parading their dishy looking 2009 bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Giant are sponsoring Rabobank, not out of the question that they would sponsor more than one team but probably unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

on the Team Columbia thing. Is it just me me but the more I see of Cavendish the more I like him he is cocky as hell but in a good way and his interviews are very honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

I'm sick of seeing his face on the TV, like fu(k he's not in this to win the tour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Cockiness comes with the territory. A lot of sprinters are like that. He's a shrinking violet in comparison to Cipollini.

Advertisement