Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore in Oct

Options
  • 29-08-2008 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello All,

I am new to this thread but I was wondering would anyone be able to help me with something? Myself and about 30 others will be heading to Tramore for a surfing weekend in Oct. We will of course be surfing for most of the morning but what happens when it turns night in Tramore? :confused: We have been on surfing weekends before and we normally do not go out at night because the weather has always been great to have a BBQ but I'm thinking it will most likely not be great in Oct to do that!! :( Sooooo, 1)does anyone know if there are some sort of daytime activities we could do ie. team activity assault courses etc.; 2) where are the best places to go at nightime for a bit of cheesyness & fun; & 3) Is there anything in particular happening in any of the pubs over the weekend of 10-12 Oct ie. live bands, pub quizes etc.?? I would really appreciate if someone would be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks so much. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Will be a lot quieter in Tramore, but business as usual for Clubs & Pubs. Not to sure if there will be any bands playing, but its to early to say what (if any) will be. The Hotels will probably have some sort of small events on. Come back a week before you go and we should be able to shed a bit of light on that. :)

I would assume that the surfing places will continue to operate as usual also. You will see some B&Bs closing (tho most of them close closer to Christmas) for parts of the low season but hotels will operate as normal.

Have a look at the Tramore site in my signature if you are looking for more information on Tramore, booking accommodation, town map etc.

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 1looney

Hey... there isn't really that much to do in October in Tramore!
    If you're surfing you might fancy diving and swimming off the guillamene (pictured on google maps) but not sure it's advisable in October. Don't think there's any paintballing in Tramore but there is elite paintballing in Dungarvan (dunno how good it is but they have a website).

There are lots of pubs to choose from... typical surfers (sorry to stereotype) may enjoy the Vic pub which generally has music and a laid back crowd. The Slip Inn is kind of a late bar (my memories of it are kind of fuzzy so can't give it the thumbs up really) or the baldy man is a larger night club but haven't been there in ages so again i'm not really sure what it's like now!!

Generally a pub crawl starting at the top of the hill and working down til you find somewhere you like is advisable.... the late bars/night clubs and chippers are at the bottom so works out well!!

There is racing on on the 9th if you're coming down on the thursday?? but dunno bout any other particular events... i'd say there will be music somewhere (quizes generally on thursdays rather than weekends)... so the pub crawl will help you find the music!!

Hope that's of some use (& not too late!)... and enjoy the weekend!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lynnhendo

Thanks very much for the info. I'm also wondering about beach "gatherings"? Do these happen on the beach? Is it allowed? Lighting a fire on the beach? As it's near halloween I was wondering will there be anything like this going on?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 1looney

I think fires on beaches are illegal so wont be advertised, i've never heard of bonfires or any organised parties on the beach but it may happen...

the council bye laws which are displayed on the prom (i think) should govern any organised events on the beach but i don't think there has been anything arranged for this weekend...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Nothing offical anyway. Very rarley any gatherings, the odd few over the summer. The odd fires that are started are usually put out by the local fire service. I think the only time a gathering, unoffical, was allowed was leaving cert graudation who are usually down the back of the beach. Halloween is all about fireworks, and the bombfires usually end up being done in the City.

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement