Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've wiped and reinstalled XP on an old Dell laptop c400.

Options
  • 29-08-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I've wiped and reinstalled XP on an old Dell laptop c400. The NIC doesnt seem to be working. I've gone to the dell site and installed the nic drivers, there is only one model of nic for Dell laptop c400. Whenever i connect the laptop to network it says cable unplugged. Changed the nic speed to 10, 100 auto etc , no joy. Is there any diagnosis tool I can run against the nic to see if it is working or even to tell me the make and model of card, (it imbedded)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

have you checked in the bios to see if its not disabled ?

Also with most dells holding the fn key then pressing the power button withh run it through a short diag. You can check google for the light codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

it could also just be switched off, isn't there normally an on - off button for wireless on laptops, sorry if im stating the obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Forgot to mention it's not wireless, its wired.

Advertisement