Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no utility bill

Options
  • 29-08-2008 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

called down with my grant,
    i need a utility bill for my rented address with my name on it, i have nothing any ideas,
    i'm in contact with my local bank branch in hope of changing the address on my account.
    its the best idea i can think of. . .
    any other ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Afraid not, was in the grant office a few days ago and the girl beside me was in the same predictement; her bills were in her boyfriends name. The lady on the counter said a bank statement or letter from the landlord was not sufficient..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

called down with my grant,

can I ask what this means? did you call down to apply for a grant? or to collect a grant payment ? if you "called down with your grant" this implies that you already heave your grant and so I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I'm assuming he means that he called into the county council with his grant forms....that's what i say Im doing anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭howaya

I was amazed at how difficult this condition makes the application process - not only do you need to have a bill, but it is stated that the bill must be for the preceding October! ie - if applying this summer, you'd need to have a utility bill from about nine months ago.
    I can't propose any alternative, but it must derail lots of worthy applicants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Talk to your local county councillor / TD. They will soon sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

stepbar wrote: »
    Talk to your local county councillor / TD. They will soon sort it out.

Is there anything they can't do? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

bolox , im fecked so. only sent in a bank statement with my application

Advertisement