Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone on the BT 24Mb Broadband?

Options
  • 29-08-2008 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

If so where abouts in Kikenny are you?

I'm not too far from the exchange and they said I could only get 8Mb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Didn't even know you could get this in Kilkenny! What's the price like for it? 8mb ain't to bad at all, but if your close to the exchange you'd expect it to bec bit better.!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Sounds like they're only offering you the eircom bitstream product if they're offering 8mb and you're close to the exchange. I'm at the very limit to get 3Mb which I have now. I got precisely no difference from the recent upgrades :/

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Gettin eircom's 3mb, but wasn't expectin much of a change with it! With perlico at the minute, it's not worst but guess it does the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Didn't even know you could get this in Kilkenny! What's the price like for it? 8mb ain't to bad at all, but if your close to the exchange you'd expect it to bec bit better.!

BT 24MB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Stephen wrote: »
    Sounds like they're only offering you the eircom bitstream product if they're offering 8mb and you're close to the exchange. I'm at the very limit to get 3Mb which I have now. I got precisely no difference from the recent upgrades :/

Phoned them up on the 26th and they checked the line. They said I was on the 24Mb exchange but the line would only let me get 8Mb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

kleefarr wrote: »
    Phoned them up on the 26th and they checked the line. They said I was on the 24Mb exchange but the line would only let me get 8Mb.

That's a strange one alright. Can your phone line carry 24Mb? Best to ask BT why you can only get 8Mb max when advertising 24Mb.

I'm currently awaiting Eircom's upgrade to 7.6Mb but I'm not so keen considering the hype around the current pings after the upgrade...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

afaik BT LLU is available on atleast one Kilkenny exchange as you can get there business package

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I'm in the process of upgrading to BT 6mb I'm with UTV 3mb at the moment and getting 2.7mb. I'll see what speed I get from the 6mb before I upgrade to the 24mb.

It takes 3 weeks to transfer and the date they have given me is the 9th of September

Advertisement