Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is Barack Obama Vice President?

Options
  • 29-08-2008 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

So who is Barack Obama Vice President?

Is it Hillary Clinton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

If only, lol

It's actually Joe Biden
    http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/07/02/biden_as_vp/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

A notorious eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

Reports:
    "In a rare departure from his pro-Israeli rhetoric, the US Democratic Vice-Presidential candidate, Joseph Biden, was quoted in the Israeli press on Monday as telling senior Israeli officials behind closed doors that the Jewish state would have to reconcile itself to a nuclear Iran.
    The Army Radio, without naming a source, also quoted Biden as saying that he opposed "opening an additional military and diplomatic front."
    http://www.gulfnews.com/region/Middle_East/10241824.html

Biden is now denying these reports. I’m not a fan of Joe, but I do hope he is telling the truth and not saying one thing to the American people for votes, while saying another behind closed doors to our allies.

This is the second of these type of stories to come out, the first involving Obama, NAFTA and Canada.
    http://www.usnews.com/blogs/news-desk/2008/03/03/obama-challenged-on-nafta-dialogue.html

I’m hoping this is not the kind of CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Pocono Joe wrote: »
    The Army Radio, without naming a source,

Ok you have a newspaper quoting a radio station that is quoting an unnamed source. On the other side you have Biden denying it.

Hmmm, which one to believe. A totally unknown unnamed source or the person who is claimed to make the speech? Or that every story I can find on it quotes this say one unnamed source.

I'd go with the second until you can come up with something more concrete.

The only thing I can find that might mean it is true that is Fox News is reporting it as fake.
    This is the second of these type of stories to come out, the first involving Obama, NAFTA and Canada.

Again I would say this story is BS. It references a story on AP but the link doesn't point to anything, and even searching AP doesn't bring any news story up remotely similar to what is mentioned on that site.

even just searching for "NAFTA democrats" (which is what the URL mentions) doesn't find anything.

Never take the first link as truth.

Incidently I'd call into question about the gulfnews site as in another story they claim that Biden is extremely pro-Israel so is anti-Arabs.

A notorious eejit.

Can you expand prehaps?

You can get a full breakdown of where he stands on issues here.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Joe_Biden.htm

• Advertisement

Pocono Joe wrote: »

Every reference to this I can find is basically a cut and paste. There is a claim of a 1,300 page report that AP released (but no story on AP). Do you have a link to this report?

Best I found was this (references factcheck.org).
    http://www.newsweek.com/id/118171

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Again I would say this story is BS. It references a story on AP but the link doesn't point to anything, and even searching AP doesn't bring any news story up remotely similar to what is mentioned on that site.

even just searching for "NAFTA democrats" (which is what the URL mentions) doesn't find anything.

Never take the first link as truth.

Its a well known story - Obama was criticising NAFTA in front of American audiences. This concerned Canda and Mexico obviously, and one of a Obamas economic advisors - whilst meeting Canadian officials reassurred them it was just talk and it would be business as usual.

The story got out, Obama got embarrassed, something about telling the plebs what they wanted to hear. But Im sure hes not lying about anything else. Yes, quite sure.

If youre looking for Obama policies its good practise to type in "Obama flip-flop <insertsubjecthere>". Brings it right up.

Incidently I'd call into question about the gulfnews site as in another story they claim that Biden is extremely pro-Israel so is anti-Arabs.

Yeah, everyone knows its actually if youre not anti-Israeli, you must must be anti-arab.

Sand wrote: »
    Its a well known story

See link above. The story was false. Also funny how the story was first used to attack Clinton.

Also found the page in question and it does appear to be taken out of context.

http://www.slate.com/id/2185753/
    Yeah, everyone knows its actually if youre not anti-Israeli, you must must be anti-arab.

I am just stating the fact of that newsite that it appear to be claiming that Biden is both Pro + anti Israeli. Did you have a point to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

After reading through Bidens policies, I must say i'm surprised, would agree with about 90% of what he stands for.

See link above. The story was false.

Sorry, whats false?
    Also found the page in question and it does appear to be taken out of context.

Looks my little googling tip paid off for you!

And its not "taken out of context". Its just Obama and his aide caught in a "we're smarter than those hicks" moment and spinning for all he was worth. He was hardly going to announce "Yeah, the memos right - Ive been telling you morons what you want to hear for weeks now"

• Advertisement

Sand wrote: »
    Sorry, whats false?

The main scandal was that someone from Clinton/Obama party rang Canada government and told them to take it with a pinch of salt. That didn't happen. According to all the main people involved and the investigation.

But no one is claiming the memo taken by the Canadians was false?

So the Obama economics advisor did tell the Canadians Obama was just telling people what they wanted to hear. Which he was, because as soon as he got the nomination he reassured Fortune that it was just talk.

Obama got caught being a politician. End of really.

Advertisement