Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time of the day is your green bin lifted?

• 29-08-2008 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

No matter how early we leave our bin out we never seem to make it in time. And you cant leave them out the night before as its littering - and anyway the bloomin dogs would get at it.

Last time the truck came down the road at 6.10 AM!! And even at that we nearly made it out on time ...

We are in castleknock ... nearer the ashtown end...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ours used to be noon then it moved to 2pm and with the last re shuffle it has been around 5pm, today it still has not been collected.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Don't know what time they used to collect it, it was sometime while I was at work, but it's later now. I think it was sometime after 7pm when they collected it this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Ours did not get emptied yet again.... and DH put it out at around 6.am this morning ..so I have no idea if they came before that or just never turned up at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Like the above, ours used to be early but is now usually between 6pm and 7.30pm.

Drives me nuts as a lot of people leave them out all night and day on windy days with the lid open. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

their times are very inconsistent,i hear greyhound waste are taking over from oxigen soon,maybe they will improve things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I put my bin out the night before it is to be collected. I don't see any problem with doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Anytime between 7am and 7pm and then its hunt your green bin time. They pick it up by the house then dump it up the road somewhere.:mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

To be honest I used to think the same, that I was putting it out too late but actually in our area they don't come til quite late at night (once it was near midnight!!) so I leave it out during the day & hope it's still there at night when I come home or the next morning :(

Am in whitestown area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Gabsdot

We used to have a morning collection and we had to leave it out the night before or we would miss it as they would come so early.
    Now we have an afternoon collection and it has been 9pm on occassion before it's been collected.
    I can't keep up with all the bin collections, haing to put the brown one out one week, black the next, some weeks both are collected and then the green bin on a totally other day.
    But hopefully we're doing our bit to save the planet!!

Gabsdot wrote: »
    But hopefully we're doing our bit to save the planet!!

Well as long as you take all the extra bin trucks driving around out of the equation...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

And while we're going to all this effort to save the planet, the cream crackers in Dunsink have a massive tyre fire at least twice a week, causing more serious pollution problems for Dublin than any number of green or brown bins will ever eradicate!!
    You wonder why you bother sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

Enii wrote: »
    I put my bin out the night before it is to be collected. I don't see any problem with doing this
    +1

Never had any problems doing this, FWIW, it gets collected 11am-ish in Allendale(I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Gabsdot

Zaph wrote: »
    Well as long as you take all the extra bin trucks driving around out of the equation...

Good point!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Mine gets picked up late afternoon I think. The odd day when I come home from work it wouldn't be collected yet but usually is.

Haven't had any problems with it, the majority of the time they leave mine and my neighbours bin right outside our driveways again.

Why can't you leave the bin out overnight provided it doesnt fly open? I do that with my black bin as it gets quite heavy and most mornings I'm rushing off to work so I have it at the end of my driveway overnight and just pop on the tag in the morning and hoosh it to the kerb in the morning.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Enii wrote: »

I put mine out the night before also. It's the "with the lid open" bit that I object to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,374 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Mine gets emptied at anything between 6.30-7.30am, used to be a bit later but now i have to leave it out the night before in case its a 6.30am collection, have never had any prob with doing this TBH as i never allow it to be overfilled, though as mentioned in a post above finding the thing when i get home from work that evening is an adventure in itself at times.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

Ours normally get empited around 7.30 am.

I'm lucky in that my next door neighbours are really helpful and as the wife is at home during the day she'll put my bin into my driveway after it's been emptied, so I've never had to go looking for it. That said, I do also have the number of the house on each one, which is handy should my neighbours be away. You can buy big stick-on numbers for about €1.50 per numeral in Atlantic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Zaph wrote: »
    I'm lucky in that my next door neighbours are really helpful and as the wife is at home during the day she'll put my bin into my driveway after it's been emptied, so I've never had to go looking for it. That said, I do also have the number of the house on each one, which is handy should my neighbours be away. You can buy big stick-on numbers for about €1.50 per numeral in Atlantic.

My neighbour also does that most times, it's very handy, they even put a bin tag on it one day :D Best neighbours ever.

I used white paint to put the numbers onto the bins ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

No matter how early we leave our bin out we never seem to make it in time. And you cant leave them out the night before as its littering - and anyway the bloomin dogs would get at it.

Last time the truck came down the road at 6.10 AM!! And even at that we nearly made it out on time ...

We are in castleknock ... nearer the ashtown end...

I think they requested the bin to be put out either the night before, or before 7am, if I remember right.

Just curious, what do you put in your green bin that would attrack dogs?:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement