Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for "realistic" quotes for a e-com site please.

Options
  • 29-08-2008 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

hi,

I'm looking at setting up a brand new e-commerce website selling products online (approx 3000).
    I'm looking for costings on same and to meet the right co/person to work with me on this project of ours.
    Please pm me any questions -
    ps. this is a serious post, no BS artists please......only serious web ppl who can do this develoment. New web talent can contact me too - I'm keen to discover new talent and work with same also.

Thanks in advance.

NIF.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

http://www.adverts.ie/ - post it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

You should also post your own company details so anyone who might be in a position to meet your requirements can make a decision on whether or not you are serious about having the task done on a normal business basis, and you are in a position to pay for it. There is at least one company that I see on here regularly that comes on here for advice because they simply will not pay for it....

What I mean is, what do you consider to be a "realistic" quote??? Surely any quote reflects the time required to deliver your requirements...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

there's this little thing on the other end of the server called www.adverts.ie - Use that instead... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

hi all,

with regard to comments so far..........i'm not interested in posting this in adverts.ie - its a good site an all, but i want to attract a professional here, not buy and sell stuff.:confused::confused:

re; a real co, we are a real company with plenty of funding - everything is in place - all we are seeking to do now is push the button and make it happen. i'm hardly going to put up company details and our intentions online for competitors to see and beat us to the marketplace with our new business idea online - are we?:rolleyes:

re; There is at least one company that I see on here regularly that comes on here for advice because they simply will not pay for it...........we are not them and never will be - i have plenty of net/business experience to know whats what - i just want to attact the right co/person to form a good alliance with and build a terrific site to perform!

Re; What I mean is, what do you consider to be a "realistic" quote??? Surely any quote reflects the time required to deliver your requirements...

- again, i know the time that involved to do this but have been quoted silly figures (mostly pulled outta the sky) to do this site.....I have no problem paying good money for the time invoved.........again, its down to attacting the right co/person to form a good alliance with and build a good ecom site.

thanks for the pm's so far. I have replied to some and look forward to more.

Rgds,

NIF.

• Advertisement

hi all,

with regard to comments so far..........i'm not interested in posting this in adverts.ie - its a good site an all, but i want to attract a professional here, not buy and sell stuff.:confused::confused:

re; a real co, we are a real company with plenty of funding - everything is in place - all we are seeking to do now is push the button and make it happen. i'm hardly going to put up company details and our intentions online for competitors to see and beat us to the marketplace with our new business idea online - are we?:rolleyes:

re; There is at least one company that I see on here regularly that comes on here for advice because they simply will not pay for it...........we are not them and never will be - i have plenty of net/business experience to know whats what - i just want to attact the right co/person to form a good alliance with and build a terrific site to perform!

Re; What I mean is, what do you consider to be a "realistic" quote??? Surely any quote reflects the time required to deliver your requirements...

- again, i know the time that involved to do this but have been quoted silly figures (mostly pulled outta the sky) to do this site.....I have no problem paying good money for the time invoved.........again, its down to attacting the right co/person to form a good alliance with and build a good ecom site.

thanks for the pm's so far. I have replied to some and look forward to more.

Rgds,

NIF.

Sorry, hasn't convinced me. I wasn't suggesting that you were posting on behalf of another company I see on here from time to time that I know are just too miserable to pay for professional advice, it was not my intention to suggest this, sorry you took it up as such. At the end of the day, you generally get what you pay for I think. The quality of the work will reflect the cost you ultimately pay. If you have got an estimate/quote from a number of businesses and they are all "unrealistic", the problem might not be with the quotes but with your ability to pay them. Just speaking from experience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

hi all,

You arent allowed post here regarding work and making offers to do work that was why we posted that you go to adverts. A mod will close this so its your best bet to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement