Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are the Motors>Motors mods too Lock happy?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

This thread and/or sandwich about to bit the dust: vote quickly
    Darragh29 wrote: »
    And who would decide what complaints/issues go in the "real issues" tray and what issues go in the "percieved to be real issues" tray at this imaginery help desk??? What I'm raising is what I believe to be a geunine lack of toleration of robust discussion and speaking down to contributors here who in fact make boards what it is. Please don't get me up on my soapbox at this hour!

smods/admins. It's a real forum though, not imaginary, click the link:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

VH wrote: »
    probably

Good... less posts I see of yours the happier I'll be. Mods keep up the good work

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

1 edit

3, I saw them all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

And who would decide what complaints/issues go in the "real issues" tray and what issues go in the "percieved to be real issues" tray at this imaginery help desk??? What I'm raising is what I believe to be a geunine lack of toleration of robust discussion and speaking down to contributors here who in fact make boards what it is. Please don't get me up on my soapbox at this hour!
    At least the answer there is 'official' and can't be taken any higher.
    Fair play to Mods for listening to what contributors here have got to say!?!?!?! Am I dreaming or am I down in the Tallaght tax office???
    This is a feedback thread and would (albiet in the old feedback been a good discussion) have been locked rapidly - at least everyone's getting their say here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

No: not enough mod control : too many threads out of control
    Onkle wrote: »
    Good... less posts I see of yours the happier I'll be. Mods keep up the good work
    why are you so bitter?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

why are you so bitter?
    Why do you edit your posts so much - don't you know that a lot of users get emailed the pre-edit version?
    If you have something to say, then say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

SteveC wrote: »
    At least the answer there is 'official' and can't be taken any higher.

Whatever.
    This is a feedback thread and would (albiet in the old feedback been a good discussion) have been locked rapidly - at least everyone's getting their say here.

Yeah, fairly begrungingly as you can see. I can't get my head around why folks are posting here being grateful that a feedback thread hasn't been locked. It's like being in one of those old industrial schools and being thankkful and grateful that the Christian Brother isn't giving you a boot up the arse on Christmas Day!

Yeah, fairly begrungingly as you can see. I can't get my head around why folks are posting here being grateful that a feedback thread hasn't been locked. It's like being in one of those old industrial schools and being thankkful and grateful that the Christian Brother isn't giving you a boot up the arse on Christmas Day!
    Fair enough, you have a good point. I'm just saying that this level of criticism discussion would normally be locked and swept under the carpet in other forums on boards - I'm commending Unkel Kbannon and Peasant for leaving this local and open rather than the easy option of sending it 'upstairs'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Fair enough, you have a good point. I'm just saying that this level of criticism discussion would normally be locked and swept under the carpet in other forums on boards - I'm commending Unkel Kbannon and Peasant for leaving this local and open rather than the easy option of sending it 'upstairs'.

Yeah, I'll show my cards on this one again. I've a well known problem with authority no matter what vehicle it comes in, pardon the pun! I suppose the Mods here do an ok job. Personally I think discussion is too restricted and debate rarely gets off the ground here. I think Mods sometimes tolerate too much crap from people posting here with obvious trust/paranoia issues, who just want to get another version of events from someone here so they can go back to their mechanic and harrass him, but having said that, you have to look at the state of the industry and put the blame there as well... My biggest problem with Mods here is not the message that is given but the manner in which it is put, as I've said, the closest I've seen to it before is being refused into a nightclub, that's what this place reminds me of sometimes... But please, make some place, far far away, for BMW drivers/queries!!! G' nite all!

If you have something to say, then say it.
    SteveC for mod! :)

• Advertisement

about time you said something sensible

Join the club.:)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=174705

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

copacetic wrote: »
    coastguard

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Good morning all

I'm rather busy this morning and I haven't got the time to plough through all of last nights post (especially not all the edits and deletions of a certain poster)

The offending no-googling thread has been re-opened, post away to your hearts content.

This is the end of this particular discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I just wanted to say that while I sometimes feel certain threads are locked a little early, the Motors mods do an excellent job overall. I'm very happy with the forum and anytime I've asked questions here, I've gotten good answers.

Before anyone says "You're a mod, you would say that!", they should take a look at some of my posts in Feedback where I've taken issue with mod decisions and bans that have been made in other forums. I'm no 'fight da powah' merchant but equally I'm not a yes man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Mod = Bouncer?
    Have you ever answered one of those "how did you find the service here?" type of questionares?
    If you get all pissy and moany and whinge about every little thing, generally your responce is crumpled up and thrown in the bin.
    Be civil and make your points without resorting to name calling, mention the good along with the bad and your suggestions will get a response.

There is no point in just bitching about everything and insulting people. Unless you make some reasonable suggestions on how things can be improved instead of random complaints nobody is going to listen and this thread is just going to end up locked.

Slig wrote: »
    Mod = Bouncer?
    Have you ever answered one of those "how did you find the service here?" type of questionares?
    If you get all pissy and moany and whinge about every little thing, generally your responce is crumpled up and thrown in the bin.
    Be civil and make your points without resorting to name calling, mention the good along with the bad and your suggestions will get a response.

There is no point in just bitching about everything and insulting people. Unless you make some reasonable suggestions on how things can be improved instead of random complaints nobody is going to listen and this thread is just going to end up locked.

TBH the posts here last night were unhelpful and just pure baiting. IMO a nice new shiney lock should be put onto this thread. Otherwise it's gonna end in a banning and then a feedback thread full of cat pics.... and I fecking hate those cat pics

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

IMO a nice new shiney lock should be put onto this thread.

While there's negativity in this thread, there's been a whole lot of positivity too. Just because there's criticism, doesn't mean it isn't constructive, and a lock at this point would only reinforce the negative feelings that certain posters have, and alienate others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Just as a point of interest, the Feedback forum is a much different place to what it was like only a few weeks ago; it's under new management.
    Lolcats and witch-hunts and other such nonsense are no longer tolerated.

Help-Desk is the place for discussing/disputing moderator actions/decisions and the like.

ned78 wrote: »
    While there's negativity in this thread, there's been a whole lot of positivity too. Just because there's criticism, doesn't mean it isn't constructive, and a lock at this point would only reinforce the negative feelings that certain posters have, and alienate others.

That's a good point ned but IMO this thread can go no further. It's served it's purpose and it's just being dragged out now.

And I'd like to apologise publicly for my rant at you a couple of nights ago. I was in foul mood.. no excuse though

• Advertisement

i dont think it's helping but people are now getting infractions against them for the slightest complaint about mods or modding on any other thread against this one - i think a bit of a general forewarning to everyone would have been better rather than issuing strikes against people

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

That's a good point ned ... And I'd like to apologise publicly for my rant at you a couple of nights ago. I was in foul mood.. no excuse though

No need Onkle. You're obviously very passionate about this Forum, and that's a very good thing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

This thread is going nowhere, I think all the points have been made, can we lock this now?

Advertisement