Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezing fresh egg noodles?

• 29-08-2008 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Bought some today in M&S and just wondered if i can freeze them? it doesn't say on the pack, just to refrigerate. Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Dunno ... I've frozen supermarket bought fresh pasta (spaghetti), which I guess also contains egg, before now, but then it had a little "suitable for home freezing" logo on the label somewhere .. maybe double check the label again? Anyway, when I cooked it, I just chucked it in the boiling water from frozen, and it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Normally M&S stuff has either suitable or not suitable for freezing this has neither. I was thinking along the lines of yourself with the egg pasta. Maybe if i let it defrost before adding to stir fry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Stuff like that generally doesn't need very much defrosting if any at all in my experience. What do the instructions say for normal cooking (i.e. not from frozen) ? Do they need to be cooked briefly in boiling water first before adding to a stir fry, or can they be added straight away? If they need to be briefly cooked, then I'd just do that straight from frozen. Otherwise just dunk them in hot water briefly to defrost, drain and then add them.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Thanks Alun, they can just be added straight to a stir fry and cooked for 2/3 minutes. Will chance it and see how they go - picked up 2 packs to go with the honduran king prawn marinated with chilli and coriander from M&S - €7.50 for two decent sized packs with lots of prawns and they're really tasty in a stir fry.

Advertisement