Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bast gr card to buy for new camputer

Options
  • 29-08-2008 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

just got a new camputer a dell ins 530 and what is the bast gr to put in it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

xbox36016 wrote: »
    just got a new camputer a dell ins 530 and what is the bast gr to put in it

It only comes with a 300W power supply.

You will not be able to add a very power gfx card to this pc without changing the power supply.

Bear in mind Dell sometimes use non standard power supplies that you cannot replace with a standard off the shelf PC power supply....

(OEM pcs are ****e in general for this reason, this is why you should either build or buy a "gaming PC" off dell)

I would suggest looking for Dell forums and see if what cards others have managed to fit to their inspiron 530s.

"128MB ATI® RadeonTM HD 2400 Pro graphics card256MB ATI® RadeonTM HD 2600 XT graphics card
    256MB ATI® RadeonTM HD 3450 graphic card
    256MB ATI® RadeonTM HD 3650 graphic card"

Any of these will work as they are listed as options on the dell website. None are great for gaming but are a big step up over the standard Intel onboard gfxs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

ya i was going to buy a ati 2400 hd card but will that work do you think and a xps was to out off my prise range

but i have put in a exta 500 gb hard drsve and it has 6gb of ram extra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Your Dell cant take a card as powerful as 9600gt/H3870, power supply is fine for those, but cant take super fast cards like HD4870/Gtx 260.

You will need one of these adapters, as Dell psu doesnt have required cables.

SATA2MOLEX.jpg

SATA-2-Molex Adapter

Radeon HD 3870 512MB GDDR4 €93

http://www.dabs.ie/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4SRZ&CategorySelectedId=11137&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11137,12&InMerch=1

The 1tb and 6gb of ram works fine but can I put any 512 card in it if not it's going back to dell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The 1tb and 6gb of ram works fine but can I put any 512 card in it if not it's going back to dell

How much ram has it got in total? 32bit windows can only use 4Gb total, less what your devices, graphics cards etc use up. So in reality its 3.2Gb that windows can use. This is unless you specified you wanted 64Bit windows from Dell which can handle more than this.

• Advertisement

yap 64 bit ulatmate

Well unless you've got a massive application that will utilise 6Gb then most of that ram will just sit there doin nothin. Most I've managed to get Vista to use was 3.5Gb.

yes vasta can use up 16 gb of ram but it will only come up as 3.5gb of ram

:rolleyes: Wrong, if you've got the Ultimate 64bit version like you say it'll use up to 128Gb and will show exactly what it uses.

I've only used 3.5GB cos that was the most I could get Vista to use with several applications and a game running, can't really see you using any more than that, so half your ram's wasted, just sitting there doin nothing. Waste IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

OMG lads..XBOX36016 is 16 years old and is lying about everything..Former accounts were banned ahh..

• Advertisement

so anyway lets get back on ponit so any way how can i put a biger addter on my pc

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

so anyway lets get back on ponit so any way how can i put a biger addter on my pc
    It's really quite easy just get a biger addter and put in on your pc.

ya whare is a good plise to get one than play.com to buy campuer parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

This is just unbelievable, can a moderator please lock this thread, I can’t bear to look at this butchery of typos and misspellings anymore.

I mean, we all have a typo from time to time, but this is just painful.

At least he got the title right, Dell = CAMPuter

62430.gif

i was useing my iphone so my bad than still not usad to it my bad so can some one help me whit my buying of a gr crard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

you asked for the best
    Ati 4750 or Nvidia 280GTX
    Or you can get the Ati 4750x2
    Now use google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I bought a dell inspiron 530 for the bro and put an 8800GS into it if I remember correctly, the power supply didn't have a pci-e power cable so I had to buy two of those adapters Squall mentioned to turn two Sata power connectors into molex and then use a 2 * molex to Pci-e converter. Worked out pretty well and he can play any game he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Correction from earlyer post Ati 4870

Advertisement