Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Darkfall Video and Beta Sign-ups

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

****IN BEAUTIFUL

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Actually it looks crap, graphics wise... I still play Ultima Online though..

Content > graphics imo and in this case, Darkfall has the ultimate setup. Full looting and all items will only come to be once a player has crafted it.

The current generation of MMO players have been branded carebears because of the likes of WoW, so I'm curious how this game will fair out with its hardcore dog eat dog world.

also, spunge, you've posted vids 2 and 3 with the same link :(

3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTwB9LXggGQ

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

I like the look of the game, it's good to see it's a seamless world with minimal loading time for dungeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes i have been waiting for this for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

If it can deliver everything from this video with style, it'd probably be the best game in the world.

Just hope the graphics get better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

after the abomination that was AoC graphics couldn't mean less to me. (FUNCTIONAL)content, balance and proper rewards/repercussions in PvP is what i really want.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It sounds fantastic, and if they have half of what they say, then i will definatly play it. I worry how the masses will see it though. They need a certain amount of players to really get it going, and a lot of people will look at it and think it looks ****, purely because of the graphics. I cant wait though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I think Darkfall's problem will be the inability to support enough players, not that they won't have enough subscribers. They will have too many. Until people actually fork over their cash, the player limit will be relatively small I think.

They recently signed Audiovisual as their publisher as well. I don't know much about them. It's possible that it will be a small scale release at first.

Fingers crossed about beta places.

As for graphics... Well that is a pre-beta version of the game. Graphics will look better by release. Even if they don't improve, it wouldn't make a differance to most of the game's following. They just want gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Yeh a large following can be a bad thing...

Tons more cheaters and a goldmine for farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

"Your Darkfall Beta aplication has been successfully received."

Hmm.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

signed up :D

Advertisement