Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions - Chelski match

Options
  • 29-08-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Well what do ya reckon lads are we gonna get hammered or ......is this gonna be the start of our season where we start turning things around?

Seems crazy talking this sh1te when its only 2 games in bu there we are.

My prediction is that we'll actually turn up at chelski and play a good game however still have a feeling we'll probably lose by the odd goal.

Hope i'm wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

The players know that they've had a poor start and I think they'll be up for it a lot more seen as it's one of the big games of the season. As it is away to chelsea I wont be very disapointed witha loss just want to see some good play from spurs.

I'm thinking probably lose by a goal, (1-0, 2-1).
    Realsitically we could get a draw.
    It wouldn't be impossible to take the win either, godthat would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

I'm hoping for a Kerry/Spurs double on Sunday but being realistic about it, I think it will be Kerry by about 4 points and Chelscum to win by 3-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

hope for a 1. all draw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I can see us being beaten by 2 goals. I don't think I'm being too negative but in my opinion Chelsea are going to win the league this year, I'd fancy us against those Manc scum and their biased refs more than Chelsea.

Get this game out of the way then work on our season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Chelsea 3 - 1 Tottenham :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll win 2-1,

Bent and Modric will score!

Christ don't look at the table whatever you do:eek:. We need to take something from the game tomorrow or we'll be left as the only team not to have any points. Can't remember which one but I remember early on a few seasons back spurs were top for a couple of weeks. My brother told me to take a picture and remember it well. Wish I had now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I wud be delighted if we could snatch a draw but cant see it happning.

Get in there Bent!!!:D

Get in there Bent!!!:D

Makes you wonder what he could do if we could give him consistent service..

• Advertisement

Will take that. I think there were a good few positives to take from the game.
    The players are looking more positive. Less of the headless chicken game.

Still some gaping holes in our game. We need a big man to run that midfield, especially if we're gonna hoof balls up like that. Jenas/Zokora are the piece that don't fit imo. They're not a big enough presence. We've some lovely flair players in Bentley, Lennon, Gio and Modric but we need someone for them to aim to. A link between them and Bent.

Back 4 looked solid enough, could be better from the set pieces, especially if refs are going to be as harsh on us as that.

Good to see O'Hara back. Missed him. Think there's still a part for him and Hudd to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Some good reliance by Spuds in the second half, a well deserved point at a place where few will get anything. This is probably the little spark needed to get things going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Well done Spurs.
    Proud of our boys today.
    Lots of positives.

Truly a great result. Kept the defense tight, defended well, good attacking shown aswell. This is exactly what we had needed.

If we had lost today nobody would have complained so thats a point I like to think wasn't part of the equation.

Villa at home after that shouldn't be too much bother.

COYS!:D

Oh and that's two games in a row for King, jopefully this means that he's back to regualar games, fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Oh and that's two games in a row for King, jopefully this means that he's back to regualar games, fingers crossed.

shhhhhh! don't jinx it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Kold wrote: »
    Jenas/Zokora are the piece that don't fit imo. They're not a big enough presence.

Harsh on Zokora, he was our best outfield player today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Have to agree with you there 100%

He protected the the defence very well and it's the first time he has played there this season in the Premiership.

We looked more solid.

I still think Ramos doesn't know which his best team is.

Also great to see a keeper coming for crosses and dominating his area.

spurs.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I strongly dis-agree, i lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away and lost possesion. He'll do a job in front of the back 4 until we get somebody better. I thought he was poor today.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Agree with Hatch.

We need a Zokora-like player in that position and it definitely hepled SOMEONE play that role but that doesn't make his performance great. He's awfully sluggish on the ball, can't pass for sh*t. Poor man's Essien.

Woody was man of the match in my opinion and maybe our best buy of recent times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

PS :

Jenas at RB - WTF!!!????

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I didn't see the game on Sky Sports cos I was at it, so maybe my view of Zokora's performance was a little different from you lot, but how anyone can question him on today's shift when the alternative has been Modric and Jenas allowing second rate opposition to waltz through the middle of the park I don't know. He is a poor man's Essien, he was also 1/3rd of the price of Essien.

It hope the penny has finally dropped with Ramos and he realises that Zokora in a holding role is the best solution given our current squad, now if he can just sort out Jenas and Modric in front of him we might start winning games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I didn't see the game on Sky Sports cos I was at it, so maybe my view of Zokora's performance was a little different from you lot, but how anyone can question him on today's shift when the alternative has been Modric and Jenas allowing second rate opposition to waltz through the middle of the park I don't know. He is a poor man's Essien, he was also 1/3rd of the price of Essien.

It hope the penny has finally dropped with Ramos and he realises that Zokora in a holding role is the best solution given our current squad, now if he can just sort out Jenas and Modric in front of him we might start winning games.

Agree Ro, he looked the business today. Confident and assured.
    Stuck to his job and was a superb barrier.
    Thought Huddlestone did very well also when he came on.

Glad your trip didn't end in defeat.
    Fair play for doing the miles again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Hang on Ronan, Iv also said from day 1 that we needed him in the middle and not right back, not like some who actually rated him at right full !!! Yes he did a job today, the job that neither jenas or modric should have been asked to do in the first 2 games. But that does'nt change my opinion on him today. I thought he was poor, how manay times did he give the ball away and give Chelsea back possesion, several times for me. He's an average player, and somebody who certainly aint gonna take us to where we want to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Kold wrote: »
    Will take that. I think there were a good few positives to take from the game.
    The players are looking more positive. Less of the headless chicken game.

Still some gaping holes in our game. We need a big man to run that midfield, especially if we're gonna hoof balls up like that. Jenas/Zokora are the piece that don't fit imo. They're not a big enough presence. We've some lovely flair players in Bentley, Lennon, Gio and Modric but we need someone for them to aim to. A link between them and Bent.

Back 4 looked solid enough, could be better from the set pieces, especially if refs are going to be as harsh on us as that.

Good to see O'Hara back. Missed him. Think there's still a part for him and Hudd to play.

Wouldnt be zokora's biggest fan but he was our best player player by a mile yesterday. Put in a terrific shift.

Advertisement