Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help, please

Options
  • 29-08-2008 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭

I need some help if possible. i need to book a weekend for a couple in the second weekend in september. this is a corporate gift so i need to get it right!

The couple are in there early thirties and enjoy a night out. they are staying for two nights, friday and saturday.

what i am looking for is a nice hotel but somewhere that is close to decent nightlife if this is possible.

i was on tripadvisor etc but they dont mention nightlife, or at least i didnt see it mentioned. the two i saw where the four seasons and the dylan hotel? maybe the four seasons is a bit too pretentious? the dylan hotel looks good but there is no mention of nightlife.

the budget is max €600 for the two nights.....i hope i have given as much info as needed.

thanks in advance, derossi.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

I wouldn't normally recommed the Morgan but it's plush enough and right in Templebar.

Alternatively there's one on the quays that I think U2 own that might be suitable.

I stayed in the Westin recently and it's top class and also bang in the middle of town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 dublinmayflower

The Morrison is lovely and just across the river to temple bar so 2 minutes from pubs but unlike the Morgan they won't have to listen to people puking under their window all night. Dylan is just off Baggot street so a 2 minute cab journey to Grafton street area or 10 minute walk and it's a really beautiful building and in a nice part of the city. The Merrion hotel is perfect, near all the clubs and pubs that actual Irish people go to but also 10 mins from Temple bar if your feeling touristy. But it is quite pricey so check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

this one is easy

the landmark hotel carrick on shannon

www.thelandmarkhotel.com

stayed there for a week last feb - 4 star - gym etc- brilliant- resterant is magic

it should be well within budget

it overlooks the shannon and is on the outskirts of a busy village

i spend a week there lat february and it was great

perfect for that age group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 dublinmayflower

CDfm wrote: »
    this one is easy

Yes but seeing as though the thread is under the region Dublin, I think it may be a bit out of the way! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭erinn

I agree that the Westin is a lovely hotel and is in a very central hotel.

Most hotels in Dublin are surrounded by nightlife anyway but some of the places in Temple Bar might be a bit young for people in their mid 30s.

heres a page with hotels on it for you

http://www1.citycentrehotels.com/SearchAvailability/consumer.aspx?nights=2&inday=31&inmonth=8&inyear=2008&affilid=1002&hotelid=0&county=1&country=1&requirement=18&perpage=25

• Advertisement

the U2 hotel is the Clarence and is very expensive

The Fitzwilliam on Stephens Green is central plush and quite fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Dlyan. Simple as! Walking distance to and from the Gaiety and Stephens Green areas.

Otherwise The Westin or Clarence.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

CDfm wrote: »
    this one is easy

......the taxi fares to Dublin City Centre would be a bit steep! ;)

......the taxi fares to Dublin City Centre would be a bit steep! ;)
    .....I was not thinkin along the lines of cultural or shopping when I posted more like country pursuits!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

lol, the landmark hotel looks good but it is a bit out of the way:) thx tho, yeah dylan and the westin look good but i went for the clarence. it seems to be a bit less over the top than the other two. a bit more than the budget but it's a good location. was just thinking though, i wouldnt need to be booking these rooms with my own money!! thanks for all your help:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I second the vote for The Morrisson. I stayed there recently as part of a corporate event, and it was well swish. Very impressive. There was a bottle of champagne waiting for us in the room. I recommend doing that too, it's a nice touch!

Edit - Just saw you went for The Clarence.

Advertisement