Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubbin' And Clubbin'

Options
  • 29-08-2008 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭

Having spent a lot of nights out in Galway this summer I have gotten quite a taste for the pubbin' and clubbin' scene (That and the fact I'm back to UL next week). So I ask of you locals, where to?

I'm afraid to say I kept it mainstream last year, this is where I've been;

Pubs
    Stables
    Hurlers
    Mickey Martins
    Clohessys

Clubs
    Trinity
    Icon
    Sin Bin
    Mollies
    Lodge

Is there anywhere else any good?

Somewhere like The Kings Head/Front Door/Foxes/Busker Browns/Quays if you're familiar with Galway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Check out "The Wicked Chicken" up in Bakers Place. Great pub, i think it has that kinda cool, laid back galway feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Check out "The Wicked Chicken" up in Bakers Place. Great pub, i think it has that kinda cool, laid back galway feel to it.

I still haven't been back there since the night I went up with yourself and An Fhile. Keep meaning to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

There's the new nightclub Angel Lane.
    A nice change to the Limerick scene. It's where the market used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

Cukoobox has live music every friday, might be worth checking out. Its near smyths, angel lane etc. Near BBs off cruses st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

did the cuckoo box friday night very impressed a welcome change to the norm in limeirck band were good loads of staff so no queueing for drinks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

did the cuckoo box friday night very impressed a welcome change to the norm in limeirck band were good loads of staff so no queueing for drinks..

I used to like it when it was McDaids, now it's just dead most of the time, which is a turn off for a night out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ninty9er wrote: »
    I used to like it when it was McDaids, now it's just dead most of the time, which is a turn off for a night out.

+1

We've tried to organise 2 Boards Beers in Limerick, ended up in the Cuckoo Box for a while both times, finding it completely empty on both ocassions. I've heard good things about it from others though.

Advertisement