Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What current / new car brings a smile to your face

Options
  • 29-08-2008 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

What current / new car brings a smile to your face when you see one on the road.

For me it would be the new Fiat 500, I think it strikes the right balance between the old and new, and achive's something that neither the current Beetle or Mini can in style, IMO.

If I was in the market for a new supermini I would definitly give it serious consideration.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

For me the Nissan Tida - I can't but help and laugh at the owner! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

jayok wrote: »

LOL, wouldn't disagree with you there, but I was thinking more in terms of a car you would like to own yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

jayok wrote: »

I agree but sometimes i get this guilty feeling and feel sorry for them because they are all over 75 and know no better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Bentley Continental, I fecking love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

audi tts in black but i would say that cos i own it:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

R8 - every other "supercar" driver makes me feel like screaming "C*CK!" at them as they pass by, but not R8 drivers, for some reason I just think "good for you!". :)

I also love to see the A5.

I guess the reason I love the two cars above is not because of the cars specifically, but because they represent the revitalisation of a brand I love.

The 500's definitely a contender too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Daihatsu Copen and Fiat 500 always make me happy. I also love the Volvo C30

Daihatsu Copen and Fiat 500 always make me happy. I also love the Volvo C30

(so much that I posted twice....)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

AudiChris wrote: »
    R8 - every other "supercar" driver makes me feel like screaming "C*CK!" at them as they pass by, but not R8 drivers, for some reason I just think "good for you!". :)

I also love to see the A5.

I guess the reason I love the two cars above is not because of the cars specifically, but because they represent the revitalisation of a brand I love.

The 500's definitely a contender too.

A touch of bias there Chris?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Ditto on the 500. Also the Punto actually. Whenever I see one I can't help thinking FIAT design great looking small cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

A5/S5 - I think they are some of the best looking motors on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I split my hole laughing at a 107 with 5 people in it trying to take off from traffic lights this evening:D:D:D

I actually thought there were 4 people in the back the driver's head was that close to the rear seat passengers'

To like and drive:
    Mini Cooper John Cooper Works

107 only has 4 seats!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    107 only has 4 seats!

we laughed...our jaws:pac::pac::pac:. It was like watching the over 80s inter-parish soccer match on Fr. Ted watching hime pull away from the lights in front of us:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Hammertime wrote: »
    A touch of bias there Chris?

:P

What gave it away?? :P:D

What gave it away?? :P:D
    :D:D

WTF is the thums up button gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

recently Im liking the c30 volvo.......expensive and not practical but its cool and not everything has to make sense or serve its function so well worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

softtop micra, why bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The new 2 door Corsa looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I practically drool when I see one of these out and about and always try to show my approval to the driver. Best in Red or Grey I think.

alfaromeo159tiks3.jpg

Agree with Chris about the R8, there is something very "honest" about it that doesn't scream flash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭frag4

VW Scirocco - its out tormorrow and I'm thinking it will be my next car

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

+1 on the 500 and Volvo C30!

There are two cars for some bizarre reason make me feel some kind of inner lift:

Nissan Qashqai (It makes sense)
    Skoda Fabia Combi (It makes *perfect* sense)
    BMW 1-series (Because they're not in a 3-series? I don't know...)

I know, I know, but I don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

superjosh9 wrote: »
    +
    Nissan Qashqai (It makes sense)

No, it's a clever marketing exercise that seems to have made Nissan a mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

victor1 wrote: »
    softtop micra, why bother?

haha
    Going out the dual carrage way today i was overtaking one of these. My friend started tapping my arm and nearly shouted "Gary....Gary!! WTF happened that micra?????"
    I couldn't stop laughing.
    And probably the R8. There must be like four in Limerick. One of which was in the petrol station last week. Fella didn't look like he could drive it. Kept cutting it out, i think. When i was inside i thought we were being attacked. The sound of it. Beauty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Dodge Challenger:

Concept_Dodge_Challenger_frontangle_mfr_430.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daraghmack

Generally was never a fan of any Fiat but I really think they have done an amazing job with the new 500, its so so retro yet modern at the same time, everytime I see one I think of a cornetto ad or some old film with a 1970's 500 driving past the leaning tower of Pisa. Fiat have really hit the nail on the head moreso than VW with the beetle or BMW with the mini.

I'm with ye on the R8 .... amazing car.

Sheer amusement factor is the Pug 1007 with the eletronic sliding doors.

And when I have somewhere to store it I'm going to restore a 1983 MK I Golf GTI which will make me smile on a Sunday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Octavia VRs TDi in Race Blue :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

ninty9er wrote: »
    I split my hole laughing at a 107 with 5 people in it trying to take off from traffic lights this evening:D:D:D

I actually thought there were 4 people in the back the driver's head was that close to the rear seat passengers'

Lol i laughed when i first read it, now i'm laughin more.
    Just outta town and infront of me was a 97c reg'd Fiat Sceinco...(the toaster) with no less that five people in it. The back wheels were like this / \ and the car was no more then an inch off the ground. Pissed myself laughing at it haha

Ps. it was pink as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,444 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

So many, I wouldn't know where to start. But I suppose I'll twentysecond the new 500. Cool :cool:
    every other "supercar" driver makes me feel like screaming "C*CK!" at them as they pass by

You a bit of a begrudger so, Chris? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

My new Focus diesel, I'm still smiling as I haven't had to fill it up since I bought it over three weeks ago!

Advertisement