Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What current / new car brings a smile to your face

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Big thumbs up for the FIAT 500, which incidentally was designed by the same guy who penned the 2001 MINI Cooper, Frank Stephenson - hence the similarities. I think they're a stunning car, a style icon, and I'd love to have the Abarth version. Never ever thought I'd say I'd want to buy a FIAT, but there you go.
    ninty9er wrote: »
    To like and drive: Mini Cooper John Cooper Works

Woot! Thanks Ninty9er, I thorougly enjoy driving mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

ned78 wrote: »
    Big thumbs up for the FIAT 500, which incidentally was designed by the same guy who penned the 2001 MINI Cooper, Frank Stephenson - hence the similarities. I think they're a stunning car, a style icon, and I'd love to have the Abarth version. Never ever thought I'd say I'd want to buy a FIAT, but there you go.

Woot! Thanks Ninty9er, I thorougly enjoy driving mine :D

Are you planning on keeping it another while....I might open a specific savings account:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Anan1 wrote: »
    There was a company called Dialynx who shortened Urquattro coupes to make SWB replicas. You're right, it does seem like a lot of trouble, but it seems to have been done nonetheless.

A few Coupes are tuned by Dialynx alright in the UK. I just looked them up, you're right, I see now what you mean. Only one SWB on Pistonheads for £75,000. The others seem to have gone up a bit in value too. I'd love a 20v one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Are you planning on keeping it another while....I might open a specific savings account:D

I'm planning not to sell it full stop. I did the same with my Ducati, bought it, paid for it, and will hang onto it indefinitely. I've been re-building the car for the last year, and I think it's the highest spec MINI in the country at the moment, and quite possibly one of the highest specced in the UK too. Course, if I spend another cent on it, I'll end up sleeping on the couch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I've seen a 1978 MKII ford capri with the vinyl roof drive past me the past couple of mornings.
    It's absolutely mint and sounds brilliant.

OT - Currently the Brera makes me smile when I see one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

ned78 wrote: »
    I'm planning not to sell it full stop. I did the same with my Ducati, bought it, paid for it, and will hang onto it indefinitely. I've been re-building the car for the last year, and I think it's the highest spec MINI in the country at the moment, and quite possibly one of the highest specced in the UK too. Course, if I spend another cent on it, I'll end up sleeping on the couch :D

Link to pics, please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I always like to see Mk 5 GTi's.I just think they are a great car for all occasions and they look fantastic and all.Lovely sound of them too..

I too love the look of the A5(NOT with the basic alloys, though).If they have proper 18" or 19" rims they look f***in fantastic.They have real presence on the road, in the way an E92 coupe or a Merc CLK does not have IMO.I would definately have one over a TT.I am yet to see an R8, sorry to say.They must be fairly sparse down here in Cork.Ironically, theres an audi dealer about a mile from my house so im still waitin....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I get excited every time I see something rare, like an Alfa 156 V6.

Indeed I get excited every time I hear a petrol with more than 4 cylinders drive by - I just love the sound of hearing a petrol driving by and somebody putting their foot down to see what it can do:)!

The new Ford Fiesta sounds really exciting - a Ford that will presumably be great to drive AND great to look at as well. The 1.6 even manages 16% VRT - a really good car for the Irish market by all accounts especially with our new VRT system.

Anything that manages to be remarkably powerful, yet remarkably good on CO2 relatively speaking, like the new 2.0 TFSI A4 or the forthcoming BMW 330d also excites me too as it's proof that you can still have fun but not pay a cent more than is necessary to the Government:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

E92 wrote: »
    I get excited every time I see something rare, like an Alfa 156 V6.

Indeed I get excited every time I hear a petrol with more than 4 cylinders drive by - I just love the sound of hearing a petrol driving by and somebody putting their foot down to see what it can do:)!

The new Ford Fiesta sounds really exciting - a Ford that will presumably be great to drive AND great to look at as well. The 1.6 even manages 16% VRT - a really good car for the Irish market by all accounts especially with our new VRT system.

Anything that manages to be remarkably powerful, yet remarkably good on CO2 relatively speaking, like the new 2.0 TFSI A4 or the forthcoming BMW 330d also excites me too as it's proof that you can still have fun but not pay a cent more than is necessary to the Government:)!

Sorry but i just couldn't get excited about a 16% vrt ford fiesta, no matter how good it looks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Lexus Is-F and M5's. Can't see enough of those cars!

• Advertisement

Lexus Is-F and M5's. Can't see enough of those cars!

I'd swear myself and Limerick-man passed an IS-F on the way back to Limerick yesterday....white....twin exhausts. Can't be sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tom Hogan Morors have a demo model IS-F in white.

It has quad exhausts, the IS250 has twins.

Well I say twins, but couldn't tell that closely due to going opposite directions at speed. Limerick-man may be able to shed some more light.

We saw another Focus ST also...in red.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

M5 and M6
    DB9, always
    Fiat 500
    Z4 hardtops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

In no particular order:

Alfa GT
    Fiat Coupe (yes, I know its no longer "current", but still georgeous)
    Porsche 928 (yes, I know its no longer "current", but still georgeous)
    Citroen C6
    Merc C55/CLK55 AMG
    Merc CLS (any engine)
    Mazda RX-8 (kinda ugly, but rotary engine & suicide doors makes it cool)
    Maserati Quattroporte
    Smart Roadster
    Suzuki Swift
    VW Scirocco (I expect)

sorry, but don't like the Audi A5 - looks too bland for a coupe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Tom Hogan Morors have a demo model IS-F in white.

It has quad exhausts, the IS250 has twins.

Saw this last month and got a pic - must upload it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'd swear myself and Limerick-man passed an IS-F on the way back to Limerick yesterday....white....twin exhausts. Can't be sure though.

Hah! I was only reading the last comments and was going to say we saw one. I thought it was white??? Could of been black, saw a few nice cars to remember. Smashing looking yoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 keepherlit

maserati quattoporte / gran sport
    saab 9-3 aero
    audi a5/s5

have only seen the pics of the passat cc but it looks nice

oh and that challenger is orgasmic

tvr tuscan with the old seperate lights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

any aston martin - all lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

RedorDead wrote: »
    Saw this last month and got a pic - must upload it.
    hoganlexusgalway11290977969_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Don't want to rock the boat.. but I've wanted a BMW for 4 years.. and loved the redesign since it came out.

1177508_20080820020848_3.jpg

:D, with thanks to Here's what i saw today. I think this is the one we saw Ninty9er
    IS-F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

:D, with thanks to Here's what i saw today. I think this is the one we saw Ninty9er
    IS-F.jpg

I confused it with the white one above. Who would have thunk it - 2 G reg IS-F's???

Thought it was bad for resale value to reg them anything other than D??

RedorDead wrote: »
    I confused it with the white one above. Who would have thunk it - 2 G reg IS-F's???

Thought it was bad for resale value to reg them anything other than D??

I wouldn't be bothered with a G reg, especially a nice one one ie. G 157

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭smokie78

A5 A5 A5 MMMMMM

IS-F.jpg

No it was white with a phone number sized D reg.

No it was white with a phone number sized D reg.

No good then lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

• 2nd Generation Mercedes CL500/600/63 AMG
    • Audi RS4
    • Audi S5
    • Audi RS6 Avant
    • Audi A8 (4.2l & above)
    • Volvo T5 any model
    • BMW 540
    • BMW 535d (E60)
    • M anything, (M3, M5, M6)
    • BMW 8 Series
    • BMW 728i (smile as in haha you eejit factor)
    • Bentleys, Maseratis, Aston Martins etc.
    • New Alfa Spider
    • All 'Shark Nose' vintage Beamers
    • Peugeot 205 1.9 turbo

Advertisement