Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bose Sounddock now €199 - Was €299

Options
  • 29-08-2008 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

The Bose Sounddock has now come down in price to €199. I believe this new model at €199 now has an auxillary input for other MP3 players (something the original didn't have). It's a nice piece of kit with room filling sound and no distortion.

I know Peats are doing it but I'm sure it's not exclusive to them and there are other places in town you can pick one up.

Ignore the price on the Peats site - it is €199.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Have you a link to anywhere selling it for 199? Bose themselves have not reduced the price nor the usual suspects (apple, amazon etc.) I've found one place selling it for 150 stg (here)...Thanks :)
    EDIT: Sorry didn't read your post properly...if you walk into Peats you can buy it for 199?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Yep you can get it for €199 in Peats. It's only a very new price reduction that came into effect by Bose on thursday or friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Anthony1

Thanks !

Just ordered a black one in Peats, Blanchardstown SC. They only have the white ones in stock at the moment in Blanch but the're ordering a black one from the Parnell St branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Picked one up today in Peats of Parnell. Great system. however it should be noted that the reason for this reduction is because Bose are bringing out the Sounddock II which features iPhone support and I believe an auxiliary port. The one in Peats does not have this port. But great tipoff Kintaro

qBot wrote: »
    Picked one up today in Peats of Parnell. Great system. however it should be noted that the reason for this reduction is because Bose are bringing out the Sounddock II which features iPhone support and I believe an auxiliary port. The one in Peats does not have this port. But great tipoff Kintaro

Ahh my apologies, as I said I wasn't sure if it had an aux but still it's a good price considering they used to sell for €399 back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Does anyone know if this is atill available?

And if so, for how long? (I'm assuming the current model will no longer be available once the new iPhone model comes out ... but maybe I'm wrong???).

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Anthony1

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is atill available?

And if so, for how long? (I'm assuming the current model will no longer be available once the new iPhone model comes out ... but maybe I'm wrong???).

It was still available in Peats in Blanchardstown SC on Thursday but they only had the white model in stock.

You can get it on the Bose website for €199 but postage at € 22 is extra.

http://www.bose.ie/IE/en/home-entertainment/personal-audio/sounddock-digital-music-systems/sounddock/pricing.jsp

Eh I don't think this is disappearing anytime soon. I think it's going to be part of their standard SoundDock range. I'll confirm this however tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

Is this compatible with a Itouch 2G?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

I'll just add that this is an amazing piece of kit. Got one when they first came out and it was quite expensive at the time so you all have no reason not to buy this!!! :pac:

Also to those who have bought it? I presume this is the one that I have from the begining, As opposed to the newer model with the "fold away" dock???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

I actually brought my system back. Wasn't impressed one bit with it. Yes it has base etc but the sound quality in my opinion was rubbish. When played low (at night so as not to bother housemates) you can easily here crackling in the background. IMO the 150 euro systems you get from other brands are far better. I googled my problem afterwards and it turns out it's a common complaint with the sounddock. Read here and here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Hey Guys,

The Bose Sounddock has now come down in price to €199. I believe this new model at €199 now has an auxillary input for other MP3 players (something the original didn't have). It's a nice piece of kit with room filling sound and no distortion.

I know Peats are doing it but I'm sure it's not exclusive to them and there are other places in town you can pick one up.

Ignore the price on the Peats site - it is €199.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055433738&highlight=kintaro

interesting that you would start a thread ranting about kompletts advertising practice then come on here shilling products to try and get free advertising.

you should make it clear that you work for peats in your posts (something you forgot to mention when posting this and when having a go at komplett)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

qBot wrote: »
    I actually brought my system back. Wasn't impressed one bit with it. Yes it has base etc but the sound quality in my opinion was rubbish. When played low (at night so as not to bother housemates) you can easily here crackling in the background. IMO the 150 euro systems you get from other brands are far better. I googled my problem afterwards and it turns out it's a common complaint with the sounddock. Read here and here.

Bose make very poor quality stuff, so I'm not surprised. If only their products were as slick as their advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

subway wrote: »
    you should make it clear that you work for peats in your posts (something you forgot to mention when posting this and when having a go at komplett)
    This true? Sneaky huare.

At the time the unit had come down in price by €100 and if you look closely at my post, which seemingly you haven't you'll notice that I very specifically mention that it can be gotten in places other than Peats.

Hardly a shill my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Bose does nothing for me, even at these prices you are paying over the odds.

This little thing has fantastic sound quality and is much better value.

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/TK958B/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1NA&mco=MjIzODA4Mg

Bose does nothing for me, even at these prices you are paying over the odds.

This little thing has fantastic sound quality and is much better value.

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/TK958B/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1NA&mco=MjIzODA4Mg

They are not bad alright but a little lacking in oomph. Personally I got myself this for the bedroom and I haven't looked back. Ok the placement for the dock cable could be better but the sound quality is excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

If peats have it for €179 on the website and you buy it do they not legally have to give it to you at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

for the same money or less this is a great performer;

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/igroove.aspx

as far as i know the only ipod model it doesn't work with is the
    iphone...also comes with an adapter cradle for other brand
    players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

hi guys

im looking to buy the SoundDock® Portable digital music system, the cheapest i have seen it for is 339 was 399 peats are giving 60euro off.

has anyone seen this at better price, i have put posted the link but this is the link to the bose website, its 410 euro on tht site MADNESS.

http://www.bose.ie/IE/en/home-entertainment/personal-audio/sounddock-digital-music-systems/sounddock-portable/pricing.jsp

• Advertisement
Advertisement