Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM transmitter for 3g iphone beeps every 45 seconds!! driving me nuts!

• 30-08-2008 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi All,

Bought one of these off ebay http://www.szcca.com/productsview.asp?ID=1 and it works well (good sound quality) apart from an annoying beep it produces from the left side car speaker every 45 seconds. It does this with or without the iphone being docked and in every car I've tried it in (4 so far).

After a bit of googling, I see other people have the same problem: left speaker, beep every 45 seconds.

Anyone else got this piece of kit and if so, do you get the beep too? Is there a solution to stop the beep?

Anyone out there have an FM transmitter that doesn't drive them up the wall?? Prices / links would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭randombar

Yup I've the same problem, screaming out for a solution!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Mr.S wrote: »
    Not sure if we're talking about the same type of beep, but i had one going every 40/50 seconds when i using my Griffin iTrip, but it worked fine on normal radios (not in cars) so i poked around the radio's manual, Turned off something called Fine Tuning and the Trafic Report thing (doesnt work in Ireland anyway).

never had a beap since:)

Im pritty sure the beap means a signal issue, well with my car radio anyway
    You sure the traffic report thing doesn't work in Ireland, it does in my car, every time im listening to a cd or something it cuts right into the live95fm traffic update when it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭OCD

thanks for replies. will check out fine tuning option but to be honest, don't think it's anything to do with the car as i have tried it on 4 cars. i also have a griffin itrip for an older ipod and have never heard the beep on the same car or any other radios around the house.

i think there's an issue with the device itself.

has anyone got an FM transmitter for the iphone that works? i wouldn't mind spending a bit more on a proper one.

Advertisement