Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel this way?

Options
  • 30-08-2008 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

I'm looking forward to it..

Yes that sounds abit unorthodox but come on. Nine months left of school?

I just like to think of it as just another school year with the usual exams at the end. Yes they're more important but so..?

I'm looking forward to it because in just over nine months I'm going to be FREEEE! It's just afew months... and it's all revision for me.

We got most of our course done last year, bar afew odd pieces but that's all. Like genetics in biology, etc etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im the opposite.
    im pretty scared

have no idea what im dong when i leave.
    havent got half the courses covered in some of my subjects and the works already getting me down.
    but im not givign up my social life so it wont be too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm kind of half and half on this one. I don't know what I want to do after school and I'm pretty worried about one or two subjects, but in 9 months I'll be FREEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Ive been looking forward to it for ages, it wont be easy but finally getting out of school will be sooooooooo worth it :D

(And then we just happen to have Uni afterwards :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

im kinda in the middle on this one nine months and were free (or better yet in college:cool:)but i still dont know what im doing but from what i've heard the leaving isn't as impossible as it seems i mean we HAVE spent the last five (ty doesn't count) preparing for it.so hurry up august 2009 results nite wwooooo!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I can't wait! Exams should be fun! :cool: And I'll be finished with that school forever! Job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm not looking forward to this year at all and I'll be glad when it's over. Our school likes to set us at least 2.5 hours worth of homework and then tell us we need to do 3 hours of study every night on top of it.

They exaggerated during the Junior Cert so I'm guessing they're exaggerating now. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Davidius wrote: »
    Our school likes to set us at least 2.5 hours worth of homework and then tell us we need to do 3 hours of study every night on top of it.

They exaggerated during the Junior Cert so I'm guessing they're exaggerating now. :pac:

I suppose the thing is that there 'are' people who do that amount of work.

Listen properly in class, ask questions if you don't follow something, look over old exam papers and do every piece of homework as if it were an exam question.

There's no comparison between the JC and the LC - they are set and marked in entirely different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Hingisfan08!

I'm just finished and my advice would be to enjoy the year cause it goes really fast! We had the best laugh during our 6th year and we also had some of the worst times of our secondary school experience but just enjoy it!! Don't get stressed! If you work steadily you'll have no problems at all! Thats what I did and I got 505! Teachers try to scare you into studying for hours in september but you'll only burn yourself out! Its better that you do a chapter of a subject in detail in 1 hour and take a good long break rather than doing 4 hours and 5 or 6 chapters really fast especially at this time of the year!! And remember this is nearly the start of september! If you write out your own notes on a chapter its the best way of studying and just try learn them off! You've loads of time to do that! I only started that in Feb of 2008!!

AND MAKE SURE YOU DO ALL THE EXAM PAPERS IN EVERY SUBJECT YOURSELF! Don't wait for your teacher to do them with you cause if you do them yourself at home its a great way of studying and a great advantage as you'll be learning exam technique and what the examiner wants! You should download all the marking schemes which are great for subjects like biology and just copy out the answers cause when you go back to do them again later on you'll know them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I'm delighted that it's the last year but I'm dreading doing the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I'm looking forward to it. Been told it's a really fun year. There's definitely going to be work but I expected that a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Fringe wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it. Been told it's a really fun year. There's definitely going to be work but I expected that a long time ago.
    I'm confused how people could find it a fun year. Anyone care to clarify this?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Dman001 wrote: »
    I'm confused how people could find it a fun year. Anyone care to clarify this?:)

You want someone to explain how Irish teenagers in 2008 can possibly have fun...? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Dman001 wrote: »
    BLASPHAMY!!!!!
    *background music -eminem-lose yourself
    this is what your whole life has been leading up to since you started school :eek:

we hear we should be focused but look at it this way in 9 months you have the option of doing the same thing for the rest of your life (i.e no college)so enjoy it. fail it . just do it.

and hey you can always repeat:D

oh and you can have a fun year if you go out and have fun (ironic no?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I personally found it to be the best year of my entire time in school, obviously not for the exam end of it, but the fun we had with the valedictory and all. The teachers weren't as strict either I found anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

9 months, just get the hell in and out and never have to worry about the damn thing again after. I've settled on a college now, so I'm less stressed about it than I was in 5th. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

I'm fairly nervous about it but I can't wait til its all over!!

9 months sounds long enough to get everything covered but i keep thinking its gonna fly past before i get anything done:(

Advertisement