Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Gaming? (Probably the wrong place to post this)

Options
2»

Comments

I meant in direct comparison to the card in my PC at the moment.

I understand these guys know a lot about their computers, gaming, building, etc. etc. and therefore are very knowledgeable about it.

I, However, don't care about building PCs. I don't know anything about gaming cards. I know they were trying to help me, but telling me that a card is "about 5 - 10% slower than 9600gt, but it doesnt require a good power supply" doesn't mean anything to me.

Its like if you were working with me for a day, and i asked you to "get a jigsaw and and cut a 40 by 40mil hole in the back of the chipboard beech carcass", chances are you wouldn't know what i meant. Because you don't care about cabinet making.

If i said "get that and cut this here" whilst pointing to a jigsaw and measuring up the area needed to be cut, chances are you'd have a much better understanding of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DeathMachine

Actually that's totally different, in order for it to be a correct analogy, I'd have to post saying "I have a Blackspur/ROK jigsaw and it's not very good, anyone recommend an upgrade?" You would then recommend me a Black and Decker or Ryobi or whatever, upon which I would assume, it was much better then my current one even without a knowledge of powertools. People don't recommend the exact same thing as an upgrade when the user has a specific need, in any situation, not just computers.

Anyway, to answer the question in a simple way, the 4670 is about 300% faster then an 8500GT and in practical terms the 8500GT is the minimum requirement for most new games (it'll more commonly be referred to as 6600GT, the older card it equals), whereas cards in the 9600GT/3850/4670 class generally top out on the 'recommended card' list.

The 4670 is about 300% faster then an 8500GT and in practical terms the 8500GT is the minimum requirement for most new games (it'll more commonly be referred to as 6600GT, the older card it equals), whereas cards in the 9600GT/3850/4670 class generally top out on the 'recommended card' list.

Thanks.

Advertisement