Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

'Watershed' Tour 2008 OPETH+CYNIC+THE OCEAN

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Oscholar

This should be a great gig. I can't wait to see them, especially after the release of 'Watershed'. Great album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Stellar line up! I haven't heard the new Opeth yet but they've always been great live but Cynic playing too!?! I'm lost for words. I have The Ocean's first album but wasn't too hot on it. Prefer the other band who are just called Ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Nooooo why must this be on on a Tuesday during my leaving :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nooooo why must this be on on a Tuesday during my leaving :(

And why must your Leaving be on in June??? If you're living in Dublin, go to it, its far enough away, its only one night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Maybe he means he is leaving Ireland or something? I'm not big into Opeth but I wouldn't mind seeing them live. What are the supports like? I don't know them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That looks awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Pulltheplug

Sandor wrote: »
    Maybe he means he is leaving Ireland or something? I'm not big into Opeth but I wouldn't mind seeing them live. What are the supports like? I don't know them.

Cynic are awesome havent heard the ocean.Cant wait for this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I gotta say , i never really got into Opeth, but The Ocean sound really good, and Cynic are not half bad, I reckon I will head to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Got my ticket awhile ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Looking forward to this - Opeth were great at Bloodstock.
    Have to say, Cynic bored the beejasus out of me at Graspop last year. Not knowing their stuff, I was looking forward to them after hearing so many good things, but they really didn't impress me at all.
    Have never heard The Ocean - must give them a listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I forgot to say I really look forward to buying my ticket, gonne be first time seeing them, cant wait!

This will be time number four seeing Opeth. I wasn't going to go because I didn't enjoy the last one at all (I think it was the Ghost Reveries tour in Vicar St where Primordial supported). Stupid drunk kids, they ruin everything. The fackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I cant wait for this gig! Got my ticket a while ago. Was at the one in June 2006 and It was amazing.

Watershed is great so I'm looking forward to hearing some new songs live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Missed my chance to see The Ocean Collective in France, glad they're playing this gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

John wrote: »
    This will be time number four seeing Opeth. I wasn't going to go because I didn't enjoy the last one at all (I think it was the Ghost Reveries tour in Vicar St where Primordial supported). Stupid drunk kids, they ruin everything. The fackers.

Likewise. Must say I'm glad I saw this thead, or I'd be missing Cynic! :eek:

You going? It's high time we met up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Indeed! Can't be missing this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Mushy wrote: »
    And why must your Leaving be on in June??? If you're living in Dublin, go to it, its far enough away, its only one night.

I meant it's a Tuesday during my Leaving Cert year, I won't be allowed go. I'm in Cork so it's a long trek up back and forth. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

I'm all the way in Limerick. Does anybody now what its like to get within a reasonable distance of Vicar street by car? Not sure how I'm gonna work this one.:confused:

• Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I'm all the way in Limerick. Does anybody now what its like to get within a reasonable distance of Vicar street by car? Not sure how I'm gonna work this one.:confused:
    I use a car park across the river from the four courts. Its in back of a filling station. Once your parked up you can go up the hill by the church (Christ Church, I think) and you're less than 5 minutes from Vicar Street. Thats what I usually do if I drive up.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

It does sound like a brilliant lineup. A huge fan of Opeth as I have their last 2 studio albums. Gonna be an awesome tour. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Saw Opeth at Wacken this year but 'their set was waaay too short so I'm definitely going to this! I haven't heard much of The Ocean's stuff but everyone I know who has thinks they're brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

just a quick question to everyone going to this gig - have your tickets been delivered yet?
    i cant remembr if mine were yet.if they have been then i may have lost them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Why does it have to be a Tuesday? grrrrr. Stupid course. That's one gig I cannot make. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Got my tickets the other day ! Wooooh !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Haven't got them yet, but would not miss this for a big chunk of chocolate gold.

just a quick question to everyone going to this gig - have your tickets been delivered yet?
    i cant remembr if mine were yet.if they have been then i may have lost them!

I can't remember if mine were or not. I better check...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

Watershed's great in my opinion. Ghost Reveries was slightly lacking, it just lacked a certain flair. I'm waiting with baited breath for this show, and the Ocean will be immense!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

By the looks of it, it could be sold out so get yer tickets now.

The only thing that disappointed me was that the new(ish) drummer got his girlfriend to sing on 'Coil'. Didn't think there was any need for her there. According to the wiki, they recorded AIC's 'Would' for the album... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 krimson765

what time do ye reckon Opeth will be on stage that night..9 or 9.30?i cant make it until that time..

Advertisement