Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late to accept an offer?

Options
  • 30-08-2008 5:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Ok, so I got offered a course in UL however I put it off on the hope the points would go down in some courses for round 2 and they didn't. Now, I didn't accept my first one yet and got no second offer. Am I completely screwed? Is my only option to repeat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

It's too late, sorry. :( Your offer has been given to someone else in the second round.

You don't have to repeat. You can just re-apply to the CAO next year. Of course there is a risk that the points for the course you were offered this year will rise above what you got. But if you really wanted your first choice, then maybe repeating is an idea.

Seeing as you might be applying again next year, acceptance of a first round offer does not mean you can't be offered a place in the second round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Great. I feel like a complete idiot. Why the hell didn't I just take it the first time...

Is there anything else I can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=aboutVPL

There are some places left, though it's not extremely likely you'll be interested in any of the courses.

I guess you just need to try to look on the bright side. You could work full-time for a year and be in a good financial position starting college. And even if you were to repeat, you've already been taught the courses so you don't need to go back to school. You could do 2 hours study a night and just repeat the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

I suppose so, thanks. But it's always going to be on my mind, I had it but didn't take it.

Another 10 months of revision just to end up in a course I should have accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sisu

Try ringing the university admissions office and explaining, just in case they can help you. Maybe they could consider you if someone turned down a round 2 offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'd highly consider taking a year out, get a job, (assuming you had more than enough points), much nicer option than repeating the leaving cert again

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

I wouldnt repeat either....dont beat yourself up, we all make mistakes...take the eyar, get a full time job, save up loads of money and maybe do some travelling in the summer while all your friends who went to college are stuck working through their summers in a crappy minimum wage job!! You'll be laughing!!

Advertisement