Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late to accept an offer to UL?

Options
  • 30-08-2008 5:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Ok, so I got offered a course in UL however I put it off on the hope the points would go down in some courses for round 2 and they didn't. Now, I didn't accept my first one yet and got no second offer. After long thought, I want to accept my HPSS offer since it's the best I'm going to get.

Am I completely screwed?
    Is my only option to repeat?

It's 5:12 am and I've been going over this in my head so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Get on to CAO, although I'm fairly sure the procedure is that you accept what you get in round one pending a better offer in round 2 you can hange your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

If you didnt accept it by the end of round 1 its offered to someone else, sorry

Although maybe they didnt fill all the places so it is worth calling the cao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Mitchell, you are a fecking livesaver!

I rang the admissions office today at 9:15 and she said she'd call back.

So I waited for almost 2 hours, sweating and I was more nervous than when I got my results.

I rang at 11pm to ask what was wrong and she's like:

"Oh, sorry, I forgot. But it's fine, you're in"

I literally jumped with joy.

The only complication is that I won't get my ID card this thursday (LM046) but next wednesday or something!

Can't wait, so excited to go to UL!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ha I can't take all the credit, ninty9er basically said the same thing.

Congrats though.

Advertisement