Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defrosting a goose

• 30-08-2008 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

I got one of those frozen geese from Lidl, and took it out of my freezer yesterday evening in hopes of defrosting it to feed people tonight.

It's still looking a bit post mortem this morning, though. How long do they normally take to defrost?

Oh, heck, now I realise that the label has gone and I don't know how long to cook it. Oops!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Leave it in the packaging, put it in a big container of water (the sink will even do), change the water every 30mins until it's defrosted. There's loads of recipes for roasted goose around, here's one. Don't bother drying it out as the recipe suggests. Enjoy your dinner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Fill a pot large enough to hold the goose

Hmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

You don't need to blanch it, that's only if you're drying it. Prick the skin with a fork all over, rub with salt, olive oil, any other herbs & sprices you're using, and bung it in the oven. Job done.

Advertisement