Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to Upper Church Town Road from M50

Options
  • 30-08-2008 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Need to get to Upper Church Town Road for a 9.00am appointment. Travelling from Kilkenny and know my way as far as the Red Cow Roundabout. I know from listening to others there are a large number of road works going on up around there so a bit aprehensive about trying to get to Upper Church Town Road.

I have looked at AA Roadwatch and it looks fairly straightforward, however does anyone know if there are any roadworks going on on that specific route, I have no knowledge of how to get around Dublin so don't want to spend the morning going around in circles and ultimately missing my appointment due to diversions etc.:o

Alternatively if I was to park at the luas is there a tram from there that would bring me to Upper Church Town Road.

Would appreciate any advice with this, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I would honestly suggest you travel the night before. If it is an interview, I'd make sure I was at the Red Cow by 7am.

Upper Churchtown (one word) Road heads directly west from under the Luas suspension bridge* at Dundrum. Upper Churchtown Road is perpendicular to Lower Churchtown Road and stretches from Dundrum Road to Beaumont Road / Nutgrove Avenue and then takes a 90 degree left and continues to Landscape Road.

From the Red Cow on the M50, you need to travel southbound to Junction 13 and follow directions for Dundrum. At the Dundrum centre - about the fourth roundabout - you take a left onto the Dundrum Bypass, following signs for the City Centre. You come to the Luas bridge and turn left onto Upper Churchtown Road.

* http://www.panoramio.com/photo/1716022

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LINDA08

Hi Victor, thanks for the reply, will def. consider going up the night before.

Advertisement