Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neteller prepaid cards

Options
  • 30-08-2008 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

Neteller are not giving an option to use this at the moment, I contacted live support and was told indirectly [reading between the lines] that the are finished with the card company.

I'm going to register my bank account now instead.

They can issue a cheque, Is there any problem with this?

I've gotten cheques before from poker sites and had problems getting them changed and when I did I was charged 40 euro approx.

Is it poker stars that issues cheques from Ireland?

If I lodge money on stars and withdraw by cheque, would they have a problem with this?

thanks,

Looserock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

looserock wrote: »

Is it poker stars that issues cheques from Ireland?

If I lodge money on stars and withdraw by cheque, would they have a problem with this?
    Been a while since I withdrew, but last time I did from pokerstars it was a BOI cheque issued in Limerick.
    If your talking about lodging by netteller, and withdrawing by cheque, I'd say it would be best to leave the money on stars/play somewhat before withdrawing. Most sites are getting a bit wary of laundering and such like these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

Been a while since I withdrew, but last time I did from pokerstars it was a BOI cheque issued in Limerick.
    If your talking about lodging by netteller, and withdrawing by cheque, I'd say it would be best to leave the money on stars/play somewhat before withdrawing. Most sites are getting a bit wary of laundering and such like these days.

Yes that's what I thought.

I don't get rakeback on stars so playing there isn't an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

wtf, i was gonna be relying on this in 2 weeks time... Is anybody else having this problem? I can't check as i have no funds in neteller at the moment :/

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Is this the new globewallet card u are on about?
    they just change to this card from the old1 a few months ago
    mine was working up to about 3 weeks ago. my last withdrawal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Mine worked last week and i just checked and i have the option available to withdraw to it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

it says nothing on site about it , "your card is active". It would surely say something if they were not using it anymore

My card is an Altair prepaid Visa card, the card works fine, but I cant withdraw to it anymore.

EDIT, its a mastercard, maby the problem is with mastercard and not Altair?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

looserock wrote: »
    My card is an Altair prepaid Visa card, the card works fine, but I cant withdraw to it anymore.

EDIT, its a mastercard, maby the problem is with mastercard and not Altair?
    Think you found your problem. Afaik mastercard don't allow withdrawals from poker sites, netteller is probably considered to be the same thing.

Think you found your problem. Afaik mastercard don't allow withdrawals from poker sites, netteller is probably considered to be the same thing.

The last time I withdrew to it was in June, so its a recent development.

Anybody who's card still works, is it mastercard or visa??

edit, just checked the dates on my card, expired 07/08.

Now the question is why haven't they issued a new one, and what about my balance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

My wife's, issued last year is an Altair mastercard and still works (expires October).

Mine, issued this year, is Globewallet and is also a mastercard.

The Altair is/was better as it's a proper chip and pin card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

wow yea, the globewallet looks as if it was made at home by yourself... Would there be any problems walking into a store to purchase an item using globewallet, seeing as it as no chip? I haven't seen a card without the chip in years and everything is done using the chip / pin nowadays is it not? :/

Advertisement