Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey guys, Quick question...

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I didn't find the keyboard that bad when I was playing san andreas.

I'll get a joypad somewhere.

Thanks for all the help everyone, very much appreciated. Thank you all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

I dont think the PC version will have autoaim.. but mouse and keyboard is very good for fps games, just takes a little while to get used to..

jonny72 wrote: »
    I dont think the PC version will have autoaim.. but mouse and keyboard is very good for fps games, just takes a little while to get used to..

I've been using joypads my entire life, I don't think I'll pick up the keyboard and mouse as easily as others might. Besides, whenever i think of games i think of using joypads. Age Of Empires is the only game i ever used a keyboard with, and i don't plan to do it the whole time.

Are things like pressure-sensitive accelerating and stuff gonna be removed from the game because a lot of people will be using keyboards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Any remotely decent player uses a keyboard and mouse especially for first person shooters, way more control on your movement while using a mouse to aim instead of a controller consisting of a double joystick configuration that makes you have to move 2 seperate axis. Doesn't take long to get the hang of it and you'll be suprised how much control you got. Some people even use keyboard and mouse with an XBOX360. Here Give it a go

Although its a bit awkward for driving, i'd recommend getting a 360 controller for this as its usb and is recognised in Vista by default

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Any remotely decent player uses a keyboard and mouse especially for first person shooters, way more control on your movement while using a mouse to aim instead of a controller consisting of a double joystick configuration that makes you have to move 2 seperate axis. Doesn't take long to get the hang of it and you'll be suprised how much control you got. Some people even use keyboard and mouse with an XBOX360. Here Give it a go

Although its a bit awkward for driving, i'd recommend getting a 360 controller for this as its usb and is recognised in Vista by default

Well i can imagine how much superior your aim would be alright, But i just think it'd feel very weird to be using a mouse/keyboard to play any games. I'll give it a shot obviously, but i don't really see myself getting into it :(

I assume that, seen as they (Rockstar people) were playing the PC demo version of the game with a 360 Joypad, that there wouldnt be much or any hassle using the joypad, so I'll probably pick one up anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Reviews for the HD4670 are out.

Crysis @ 1440 x900 on medium settings, runs @ 49FPS.Amazing when you think they cost €60, need no external power needed, they're a sweet card.I bet they overclock very well too.

rtrbcdoa73v3eb8d6g99_thumb.png

http://www.madshrimps.be/vbulletin/f22/ati-hd-radeon-hd-4670-hd-4650-performance-tested-57425/#post223129

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Reviews for the HD4670 are out.

Crysis @ 1440 x900 on medium settings, runs @ 49FPS.Amazing when you think they cost €60, need no external power needed, they're a sweet card.I bet they overclock very well too.

rtrbcdoa73v3eb8d6g99_thumb.png

http://www.madshrimps.be/vbulletin/f22/ati-hd-radeon-hd-4670-hd-4650-performance-tested-57425/#post223129

Wouldn't have a link to somewhere selling that card (within Ireland, or that will deliver to Ireland)?

I'm just gonna buy GTA IV for my PC with my current set up. If im upset with it, I'll get that card.

Advertisement