Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your favourite books/videos

• 30-08-2008 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

I'm only recently gotten interested in this sport and having been reading all the threads to learn more. Still so much that I don't know or understand though.

I got interested after reading, or actually listening to the audiobook of The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game by Michael Lewis.

A great story of Michael Oher who came from absolute poverty in Memphis and how he was taken in by a family. After getting help and support he's a future star in the left tackle position.
    The story weaves in out and out of other NFL stories and explains the development of this left tackle position

Definitly the best book I've had all year

I believe Madden 09 is very popular too and a great way to learn more without watching the actual games or playing for a team

Films I've seen are Any Given Sunday or Remember the Titans.

I thought Any Given Sunday was fantastic though I've heard a few people saying they hated it.

Anyone else any recommendations?:)

Advertisement