Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rally ireland comes to donegal

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah there is a cover charge to access the Diamond (€30 AFAIK). Other spectator areas are free.

I must try find out more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

you sure, just seen this on the rally ireland site, tickets ony required for the service pary, all the other areas free

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

sorella wrote: »
    Please, will there be any closures etc on the Saturday, ie the day before the rally?

Could be a very good trading day indeed?

The town itself will be closed down from about 12.p.m. on Sunday and only those who have Passes for the Diamond and the Quay Street area will be allowed access onto these areas..

The Charges for the diamond area are mainly set to to control numbers.. The diamond is open to 1,000 people only..not too sure if the quay street area is also included in that 1000 or not..So NO Pass, NO In..

I personally dont have any problem to fork out for the passes,because on other rounds of the WRC you have to pay to get a pass that allows you to access ALL the stages,Take for example Sweden they have guys with scanners at all the access points to all the stages for the rally,and unless you're a local you won't know the way to get onto the stage without following the routes.. In rally GB you can be expected to pay anything up to £100 to gain access to stages..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

TY; it is Saturday I am seeking news on.

byte

LoanShark wrote: »
    The town itself will be closed down from about 12.p.m. on Sunday and only those who have Passes for the Diamond and the Quay Street area will be allowed access onto these areas..

The Charges for the diamond area are mainly set to to control numbers.. The diamond is open to 1,000 people only..not too sure if the quay street area is also included in that 1000 or not..So NO Pass, NO In..

I personally dont have any problem to fork out for the passes,because on other rounds of the WRC you have to pay to get a pass that allows you to access ALL the stages,Take for example Sweden they have guys with scanners at all the access points to all the stages for the rally,and unless you're a local you won't know the way to get onto the stage without following the routes.. In rally GB you can be expected to pay anything up to £100 to gain access to stages..
    Thanks for the info. I'm pondering if the ticket to the Diamond is worth it, but if only a thousand are allowed in, it mightn't be so bad. Of course, could be sold out now :)

TY; it is Saturday I am seeking news on.

The town itself will have a bit of disruption, but it will be open..

try to get a copy of the Donegal Times, It has details in it..

Thank you; is that online?

We are the Blue Nuns who sells by the anchor opposite the Gardai Barracks; it has been so slow of late and Town should be busy...
    The town itself will have a bit of disruption, but it will be open..

try to get a copy of the Donegal Times, It has details in it..

byte

I don't know of any closures on Saturday, only that there must be no cars within the town after a certain time on Saturday night.

Donegal Times site is here:
    http://www.donegaltimes.com/

Thank you; is that online?

We are the Blue Nuns who sells by the anchor opposite the Gardai Barracks; it has been so slow of late and Town should be busy...

:rolleyes: Ha!
    Hope you've carved a load of crosse to be selling at the weekend..!!

• Advertisement

:) Indeed we have; been hard at work all winter.....

Woolly hats too:) All local Donegal wool of course:) Kilcarra... Hoping they will manage to stay open once more. Best wool in the world...

It will be cold out there...

And thank you all for the advice.... All being well, there we will be on Saturday...
    :rolleyes: Ha!
    Hope you've carved a load of crosse to be selling at the weekend..!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,333 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well good luck to you on Sunday sorella and I hope the weather is favourable.

Ah, thank you...The forecast does not look too good, but Prayer can do great things:)

We are there each weekend when it is fine enough, and sometimes when it is not. Worked in the frost right up to Christmas, but Town was so empty.
    muffler wrote: »
    Well good luck to you on Sunday sorella and I hope the weather is favourable.

Ah, thank you...The forecast does not look too good, but Prayer can do great things:)

We are there each weekend when it is fine enough, and sometimes when it is not. Worked in the frost right up to Christmas, but Town was so empty.

Well, Your Prayers worked!!!! great day. And the weather was fab!

byte

Yeah, it was cool but at least it was dry! That said, I was glad to get home after standing on the Diamond so long! :)

Well, no.

It was the Saturday we needed to be out selling.. When it deluged aaaaaaaaaall day long:)

Would not have been able to get into Town on the day itself.

Sigh; glad you had a good day anyways...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

The forecast does not look too good, but Prayer can do great thingssmile.gif

It was the Saturday we needed to be out selling.. When it deluged aaaaaaaaaall day long:)

Prayer did not do great things for Saturdays weather so !

There was great driving on Sunday in the town.....really interesting to see the huge difference in standard between the best ( eg the top international drivers ) and the not so good ( eg I will not name her, but she drove a totally different line around the corners in her Civic....no wonder she was so much slower )

Interesting; I was in Town y'day and all the traders said it was dead on the Saturday, and that businesses did not do well anyways. So it would have been a wasted effort had we gone out..:)

Prayer is interesting:)

Prayer did not do great things for Saturdays weather so !

There was great driving on Sunday in the town.....really interesting to see the huge difference in standard between the best ( eg the top international drivers ) and the not so good ( eg I will not name her, but she drove a totally different line around the corners in her Civic....no wonder she was so much slower )[/quote]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

jimmmy wrote: »

There was great driving on Sunday in the town.....really interesting to see the huge difference in standard between the best ( eg the top international drivers ) and the not so good ( eg I will not name her, but she drove a totally different line around the corners in her Civic....no wonder she was so much slower )

3253330994_2d54735245.jpg

pretty unfair pretty much the same line as everyone else there, you cant compare 4 wheel drive WRC cars to a 2 wheel drive civic with maybe a third of the horsepower

ie

henin solberg power sliding out of the corner (cant do that in the civic)
    3253345052_afa63701c0.jpg

or loeb (missed him at the same point)

3244490776_c2062ffdae.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

see her a few hundred yards before the finish for example ? She did not go to or use the side of the road properly before taking the corner. Anyone who has done even a bit of go karting would have noticed the difference. How much / by how long was she slower than the top cars ? 15% ? Ah sure fair dues for having a go anyway. I appreciate the fact the top cars are probably that little bit faster.

EDNWIRELAND Great Pics.. You'd give Matt a run for his money!! :rolleyes:(actually,No one can do it like him!! I was watching him at the start line with his lens stuck into the civic driver!) Do you have a scarf and a Striped Jacket?:D

• Advertisement

fraid not (no scarf and striped jacket) just hanging out of the office window had to do some cropping but the 120 euro fuji is doing pretty well considering, although got pretty wet on friday.
    heres chris atkinson on glenboy
    3255172727_2d310dda27.jpg

and try a video of mcnulty on glenboy for size as well

have some hirvonen whilst i'm at it

Some of my pics..

nice photos loanshark

byte

For a 120eur Fuji, they're damn good pics!

My pics fared out not great from the Diamond, mistiming when to click the shutter!

This is one of very few images I got middling (Note this image is uncropped, not resized and weighing a hefty 4.6MB, so dialup users beware!)

Advertisement