Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hiv

Options
  • 30-08-2008 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

im a virgin is there anyway i could be positive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Blood transfusion, sharing needles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Yes, it is contracted via other means apart from sexual contact but always use protection.
    Have a read of this for more information http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/transmission.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭longfordjames

so i should be ok with open mouth kissing?i was sitting on a wall with blood on a side it could have possibly touched my trousers(don't know if it did)would this carry a risk.it was dry blood btw.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

so i should be ok with open mouth kissing?i was sitting on a wall with blood on a side it could have possibly touched my trousers(don't know if it did)would this carry a risk.it was dry blood btw.
    I realise you're worried, but you're worrying unnecessarily.
    All these things have to come together for you to have contracted the virus.
    • Blood on wall from person with HIV (always a possibility)
    • HIV virus still active in the dried blood (very unlikely)
    • Blood containing active virus somehow getting from your trousers into your bloodstream (very unlikely)

You'll be OK, but when you move on from kissing, make sure to always use protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

go to your doctor OP.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement