Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elective registration

Options
  • 30-08-2008 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I got two emails regarding my electives. It says they're oversubscribed and that I'm provisionally registered to them (FS10010, FS10020). The thing is though, in the email it listed my small groups as being Offering 2 in each, but I select Offering 5 for each while registering and these show up on my calendar and that. It says I have to choose another offering on my first semester choice. Anyone know what's going on here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Sorry to post again on this but I've already emailed the student desk and havn't got a reply thus far. I just received another email informing me the Small Group offering on my second semester elective now has no spaces left. This is really confusing me now as I had selected offering 5 in each case but the emails still list me as provisionally registered for offering 2 in each. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

when you go into the registration process and module registration you can check your calendar along the side.check what time slot you have there and compare that with the time slots given in each of the offerings.could just be a typo in the e-mails

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Cheers for the reply!

I checked my calendar It says Offering 5 at 13:00, whereas the email says Offering 2 (which is 10:00). When I selected that offering it said there were around 6 places available so I don't know what's going on there, if there is a problem in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Am I right in thinking that b&l students dont chose electives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 testybits

rgt320q wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply!

I checked my calendar It says Offering 5 at 13:00, whereas the email says Offering 2 (which is 10:00). When I selected that offering it said there were around 6 places available so I don't know what's going on there, if there is a problem in that regard.
    Your calendar is accurate. It reads the system that the admin folks use. SIS can be unreliable at times and as Kev_88 said, its probably just a typo in the email.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 testybits

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that b&l students dont chose electives?

No they can't. Check here to find out how your programme is broken down: http://www.ucd.ie/incomingstudents/course_search.html

UCD_Econ must be blue in the face answering this question! ;)

Advertisement