Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete recovery partition

Options
  • 30-08-2008 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I have a Lenovo T61 with Vista on it. Unfortunately the HD is only 60gb and it's getting tight on space.

The recovery information (used to put laptop back to default settings) is on a hidden partition on the hard drive and I'd imagine takes up quite a bit of space. I have the recovery DVD's and would prefer to delete the recovery information (from the hidden partition).

is there a way I can see the recovery partition to see how much space it takes up and what is the best way to delete it.

One final question - in deleting the recovery partition , will this affect the day to day running of the laptop

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/f2e9a502-e63c-413d-8804-87326ef4f4cc1033.mspx

Here's instructions on how to repartition the HD but in Disk management are options to delete as well...

I'd be wary of doing this btw, as inbuilt recovery partitions can be quite handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Recovery partions have all drivers and software already installed, whereas having the disks means searching for and installing drivers and software. Not a great idea to delete it, better to buy an external hd and back some stuff up. Surely you don't need all that you've got on the laptop at all times, most of it could be stored elsewhere.

Advertisement