Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top selling items in Ireland

Options
  • 30-08-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Does anyone know where i would find the top selling / requested items in ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Ebay Pulse can give an insight to what Irish consumers are searching for but it's by no way a definitive indicator of the general market place. But at least it is something.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 daithi69

Hi Rollo, thanks for that will have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 blainebullman

Hi daithi69,
    I think you might find Google Trends interesting and useful.You can use this website to search the overall interest of products eg mp3 players.The website is volume based,so it will only show results for items that are searched for in high volumes.This is still only an indication on peoples interest on the item.

As Rollo Tamasi said,ebay pulse is another indicator to gauge peoples interest on products but also you should go into catagories and see how many products are there,how many items are selling,whats the average/low,high price of sold items.You can look at the completed listing for those things.

You could also check the top irish ecommerce websites for whatever industry you want and most will show the products most bought.For example on dabs.ie there is a top 5 products being bought box on the homepage. Also check for products sold out which could indicate hot items.You could also search online and get for the profit and loss accounts of niche/specific ecommerce websites(if the business is incorporated) to see if there making good money and that would indicate them shifting good amounts of product.

If your planning to sell products i think at the end of the day you should look for the right industry(the one you know and that suits you best) and not the best selling items.Then find the products that are unique and sell to that industry.A good question to ask yourself when your looking at a product to sell is "is it something people want to talk about to their friends?"If it's not then i would'nt sell it.

I hope i was useful in some way to help you and hope you find all the information your looking for.

Blaine Bullman

favicon.ico PR: wait...favicon.ico I: wait...favicon.ico L: wait...favicon.ico LD: wait...favicon.ico I: wait...wait...favicon.ico C: wait...favicon.ico SD: wait...
    [IMG]chrome://seoquake/content/skin/close.gif[/IMG]favicon.ico PR: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]favicon.ico I: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]favicon.ico L: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]favicon.ico LD: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]favicon.ico I: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL][URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]favicon.ico C: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]favicon.ico SD: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]
    [IMG]chrome://seoquake/content/skin/close.gif[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 21 daithi69

Thanks everyone for your help. If i find anything different i will post here.

Advertisement