Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Softmoded Xbox booting into MS Dash

Options
  • 30-08-2008 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

I got an Xbox for 20 quid a month or so ago, softmoded it with XboxHDM v1.9 and NDURE 3.0 following this guide.

That installed UnleashX dash, I think, but I installed XBMC straight away and FTPed into the Xbox and made a shortcut so that XBMC would be the default dash.

Everything worked fine, and yesterday evening I decided to put some USB ports on the front, spliced into controller 3 and 4 ports and ended up with two very neat looking USB ports.

I booted up XBMC and put my flash drive in, watched a movie off my flash drive and went to bed.

Today I tried booting the xbox and it's going straight into the MS dash, asking for the time and date, just like on the first start up. It asks for the time and date every time it boots so it's obviously not saving it.

I tried the Trigger + Trigger + Back + Start combination which reverts to XBMC dash whilst in most applications and it worked, so XBMC must running in the background somewhere to be able to listen for that combination.

Why would the MS dash constantly look for time and date, and why all of a sudden would it turn into the default dash?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Ewhhh.
    You have a VERY OLD softmod hack thats based on MS font hack. By plugging it out and clock resetting, its stuck in an infinite loop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

And the fix would be??? :|

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Dunno, you need to hotswap it again and use a newer softmod. There is a guide here in this forun.

Ah that's OK, as long as it's not permanent.

I have an old 160GB drive laying around I might try use that.

I re-softmoded with ndure 3.1 and it's working fine again.

Just on little, or big problem. The USB ports I added are working fine, and can read and write to my flash drive.

But if I boot up the xbox with the flash drive plugged in, it gets formatted, all contents deleted and file system changed to FatX. Kind of incontinent if I happen to forget to unplug a USB drive before I boot up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement