Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola V8 - Txt phone no appearing, not name???

• 30-08-2008 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hello good people of Boards,
    I need your help, please. My son has purchased a new Motorola V8 on the O2 network - Pay as you go. He took his Sim form his O2 Nokia and the V8 is recognising his contacts, no problems there.

However, when he receives a txt, it just shows the full phone no, not the name. This is driving him crazy, because he has to txt a reply to each txt requesting the sender to identify themselves!

I'm sure it's a setting, but we can't find it.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Bros

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Go into the phonebook/contacts and go into options. Have a look for any reference to using your SIM memory as primary or (probably easier) copy your contacts from SIM to phone.

See if this helps you.

Yep, you might need to copy the SIM contacts to the phone memory, a lot of phones nowadays pretty much ignore the SIM contacts.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sometimes if he has the number in his phonebook twice, the phone will not know which name to display so it will just display the number instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭BROS

Many thanks for your helpful advice. We will tackle it when he gets home from school.

A grateful Dad,

Bros

Advertisement