Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spot the difference!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

How?

Seems average price for that age. Doesn't appear dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Mileage says 46k at the top but 44k elsewhere ?

Saying "genuine miles" would have the alarm bells ringing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mileage says 46k at the top but 44k elsewhere ?
    We have a winner.

FFS....being a UK import would set the bells off with relatively low mileage, but that just ridicules the whole idea of buying a car on face value:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Mileage seems low for an A4 that age alright. A HPI check could throw some light on the issue. Wouldn't be too concerned about the 44k v. 46k disparity meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

BEAUTIFUL A4 1.8 TURBO SPORT WITH FULL AUDI SERVICE HISTORY

Well if the stamps and dates all corresponded with the mileage then it just looks like an undriven example.. Wouldn't trust it without checking it out thought..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭melbourne

That ad has been running for nearly 3 months, which may also tell us something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Hmmm, one owner on a UK car that is a private sale in Irl can only mean that he bought it new, and then brought it with him when he moved to Tipp.

That's entirely possible of course, but it also means that he should be able to lay a hand to all the docs that are required to prove the mileage is genuine, so if he can't, then walk away...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Type 17 wrote: »
    Hmmm, one owner on a UK car that is a private sale in Irl can only mean that he bought it new, and then brought it with him when he moved to Tipp.

That's entirely possible of course, but it also means that he should be able to lay a hand to all the docs that are required to prove the mileage is genuine, so if he can't, then walk away...

Nope, when it's imported all the previous owners are cleared. It has one previous Irish owner. Fifty seven previous english owners.

Nope, when it's imported all the previous owners are cleared. It has one previous Irish owner. Fifty seven previous english owners.

Hmmm, stuff like that* is why all my cars have been bought in the UK, by me going there and inspecting them and choosing them personally.

I'd never buy an Irish car (usually poor spec, patchy service history, small pool to choose from) or a UK car imported here already (chances of it being clocked are probably higher than it not being clocked).

*No matter what the paperwork says, that car has had one Irish owner and 1+ UK one(s) - it is not a one-owner car (unless he actually did bring it with him when he moved to Irl).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Type 17 wrote: »
    Hmmm, stuff like that* is why all my cars have been bought in the UK, by me going there and inspecting them and choosing them personally.

I'd never buy an Irish car (usually poor spec, patchy service history, small pool to choose from) or a UK car imported here already (chances of it being clocked are probably higher than it not being clocked).

*No matter what the paperwork says, that car has had one Irish owner and 1+ UK one(s) - it is not a one-owner car (unless he actually did bring it with him when he moved to Irl).

I tend to buy Irish cars in the top or second from top spec, as people who could be arsed to want these cars in the first place are IMO more inclined to mind them, hence I'd never buy a 316, 318, Ford LX or Zetec, Toyota Terra, Aura or Strata and so on.

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »
    I tend to buy Irish cars in the top or second from top spec, as people who could be arsed to want these cars in the first place are IMO more inclined to mind them, hence I'd never buy a 316, 318, Ford LX or Zetec, Toyota Terra, Aura or Strata and so on.

Good method of choosing - if you end up with a car you want in Ireland, then it's a lot less hassle, and more power to you.

However, when I have tried looking for cars here, I always find that they are missing a must-have option, or are the wrong colour, or have a dubious service history or unverified mileage.

I don't change my car very often, so I want it to be "just right". My current car was a UK main dealer sales manager's car, (Golf 2.0 TDI with DSG) and came with (the right colour), larger optional alloys, cruise control, climate, sat-nav, heated seats, headlight washers, fold-in mirrors, auto lights, auto wipers, and full service history from that dealer and verified mileage. How long would it take to come across that kind car here, and how much would it cost? - At the time, 2.0 TDI's in VW dealers here for the same money were 6-speed manuals with few or none of the extras mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

One previous owner could be either Mr Hertz or Mrs Avis!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

doing a cartell 3 star check shows the number of pervisou UK owners though, at least it did for me on a car I checked yesterday....this is the UK History report I got from cartell:

FIRST REGISTERED 01/08/02
    PREVIOUS OWNERS 002
    TOTAL OWNERS 003
    DISPOSAL DATE 05/01/2005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

ninty9er wrote: »
    We have a winner.

FFS....being a UK import would set the bells off with relatively low mileage, but that just ridicules the whole idea of buying a car on face value:eek::eek:

And here's me thinking you were on about the slight difference in the shade of silver (to my unqualified eye at least) between the front and back doors on the drivers side! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

did you do the report using UK numbers or Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I just entered in the Irish reg of the car I was interested in and it gave me all the Irish details, and then the ALL the english details in a second report.

A very well spent €35 quid imo.

Advertisement