Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glorious KK flags on Waterford Bridge!

• 30-08-2008 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Passed in by the bridge on the Dublin Road around noon and was delighted to see a string of large black n' amber flags hanging off the railings on the bridge. Driving at the time so I wasent able to get a picture.

Have to say fair play to ye deise folk for keeping the views of us Cats represented.....or is this payback for that assault of blue and white on Kilkenny Castle last week! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I noticed a KK flag on Sam Hire. I suppose it's fair enough when the entire building and vehicles are white and blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

I havent seen the flags yet, but i have heard about them. Its meant to be a hilarious sight seeing kilkenny flags stretched across waterford bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

They wont be left up long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

haha it funny , im sure they have more planned, in fairness ye did the whole slieverue thing aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

The Bookies in Ferrybank at the traffic lights at the rockshire road junction Has the window done half n half. Also do the neighbours Beside me :p

Seen a few houses out around Johns park with the Black and amber up too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

House up in Powerscourt with both flags, right on the corner at the traffic lights
    Guess its only fair as one person in the house is from kilkenny and the other from waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

thread brought back memories of this pic from a few years ago

took me a while to find it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Henne220 wrote: »
    I havent seen the flags yet, but i have heard about them. Its meant to be a hilarious sight seeing kilkenny flags stretched across waterford bridge.

Id have love to seen a photo! Say it was pretty funny. There gone now it seems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I went past earlier and they were over by the Trainstation side and they looked as if they were just hanging on the railing. Id say some people put them up to try get annoy people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Ha ha! Brilliant!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just chatting to one of the lads in work, seems during the weekend some lads climbed up on the small crane in sallypark and replaced the dummys clothes with kilkenny jersey,

Cabaal wrote: »
    Just chatting to one of the lads in work, seems during the weekend some lads climbed up on the small crane in sallypark and replaced the dummys clothes with kilkenny jersey,

yeah. it was taken down very quickly though.

Mooncoin got hit last night , loads of up waterfrod sprayed around!!

emo!! wrote: »
    yeah. it was taken down very quickly though.

Mooncoin got hit last night , loads of up waterfrod sprayed around!!

Its one thing changing clothes on a dummy or sticking up flags as its all abit of fun and can easily be cleared up but its another for retards to use spray paint or markers to deface walls etc as this costs a good bit of money to remove

Anyone caught doing this from either side should be fined heavily, its just not on

Its one thing changing clothes on a dummy or sticking up flags as its all abit of fun and can easily be cleared up but its another for retards to use spray paint or markers to deface walls etc as this costs a good bit of money to remove

Anyone caught doing this from either side should be fined heavily, its just not on

Yeah , its really after pissing off people , cause it was a sign that they got made up for all the minor players that mooncoin have on the minor team , wishing them luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yeah, some idiot sprayed "Up the Cats" on the Welcome to Waterford sign over on Sallypark too.

Putting a jersey or a flag up on something iconic belonging to the other side is all part of the fun and games. However that Waterford sign and the minor team one out in Mooncoin will have to be replaced or scrapped. Cop on to yourselves whoever's doing this...

Muppets :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Absolutely on the button.... all up for a laugh but not when it involves damaging/defacing peoples property....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

yea bigtime, i enjoy the bit of craic like sneaking inot the next town to take a pic with your flag on one of their icons and stuff, cos its harmless fun, and makes for a bit of craic with the buildup to the game, but when you start Vandalizing signs and building with paint, thats not on, thats just being a scumbag, cos someone has to go around cleaning up after ya :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

We did something like that over in England. Because we hate Ipswich so much we went down to the town the night before and covered Bobby Robson statue in yellow & green. The next game when Norwich played at home the Ipswich crowd came up and painted all the post boxes blue.

Advertisement