Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking mobile phones

Options
  • 30-08-2008 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Hello all! Does anybody know if there is a shop in or around Sligo that unlocks mobiles (namely Nokia 6550). If there are none in Sligo is there one nearby?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Could you not just ring your network operator.When I had my Vodafone phone I rang them and they unlocked it for me so then I could use a Meteor sim card in it.

Sorry forgot to say.
    If that doesn't work for you there is a shop in Boyle that unlocks phones.Don't think there is a shop in Sligo that does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Have never heard of a shop in Sligo that does it. Usually the network operator will give you the unlocking code once you've topped up over a certain amount. Not sure how much.

Have you tried the network operator Mrs T?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just ring them and tell them you are going to australia for a month and you want to use your phone there. You might get lucky otherwise they usually only give it out if you've topped up by a certain amount.

That certain amount is either €120 or€127 worth of credit.Not a huge amount really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Thanks guys! It's not for me, I'm happy with my phone and operator for now.
    I'll pass on the info.

Advertisement