Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime artist?

Options
  • 30-08-2008 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Mr. Molberts has come up with a tattoo idea that I really like so am half trying to talk him out of so I can do it instead :D

He wanted to get something to do with our dogs tattooed on him, but couldn't think of a style. (yup, we really REALLY like our dogs!)
    Any tribal dog designs look pretty much like cats or wolves IMO, and he's not gone on the traditional "tough guy dog head portrait" style. :rolleyes:

Having recently rekindled my love for all things Japanese, I suggested getting them drawn into anime characters for a really nice colour piece - he likes the idea and is thinking about it, but he's also thinking of getting a traditional black and grey portrait of his favorite photo (not a tough guy style, its really beautiful!) of one of the dogs so he really hasn't decided yet. Like I said though I might steal it for myself if he doesn't do it. ;)

Either way, one of us will be looking for a suitable artist, so if anyone has any recommendations for portfolios to check out please let me know!

Thank you please,

Molberts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

John in inkwell, tread softly has a lot of anime work on her, but i forget the guy who did it. Think it was in wildcat, not sure which dude though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Will wrote: »
    John in inkwell, tread softly has a lot of anime work on her, but i forget the guy who did it. Think it was in wildcat, not sure which dude though
    Hers were done by Mark in Wildcat. (IIRC).

I have an anime one done by Mark in Inkwell, it's not finished yet though.

Pretty sure they weren't, hopefully she will see this thread and let us know :)

silly meeee

Will wrote: »
    Pretty sure they weren't, hopefully she will see this thread and let us know :)

I meant Mark in Wildcat btw. I'm pretty sure it was him.

*edits*

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55397504&postcount=1809

Aye looks like it was him ^

To be honest though finding someon great at anime tattoos is really hard,loads of things that come close to it, but just don't look the same. I'm really looking forward to getting mine fixed up next week and finished because I think once it's 100% done it's going to be hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55397504&postcount=1809

Aye looks like it was him ^

To be honest though finding someon great at anime tattoos is really hard,loads of things that come close to it, but just don't look the same. I'm really looking forward to getting mine fixed up next week and finished because I think once it's 100% done it's going to be hot.

Mark's quite the darlin!! Ah bless. Jani did my mew (If that's considered Anime these days?!) and it's fabulous! Catch him in the evening, I reckon. He's up at zulu now I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Thanks for the suggestions guys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

mark in celestial is deadly at anime stuff.
    he does all mine and me moths

130298246a7110670988l.jpg

130298246a2238772675b442774153l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

They're pretty sweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

yeah mark did mine, and the other half's as you can see above.

he's very good and makes the colours look amazing.

just bring in some pictures to him and he'll sort something out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ENN0

yeah mark did mine, and the other half's as you can see above.

he's very good and makes the colours look amazing.

just bring in some pictures to him and he'll sort something out for you

Do you mind posting some of his work?? Im thinking of getting an Anime done by him!

The ones above were done by him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

59245851a6540012006l.jpg

my beautiful Sakuya from Okami

he did all of my pieces bar two, including my wind and cherry blossoms

i4.jpg

my moogle

i3.jpg

and my Kon from Bleach :p

i5.jpg

ahhh, berry nice! I think mark is my man then...thanks for the help :D

Just got my Ryoko finished by Mark in Inkwell and now it's all done (and lines gone over) it looks very very sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

me <3 kon and moogle tat's they're great.

Just got my Ryoko finished by Mark in Inkwell and now it's all done (and lines gone over) it looks very very sexy.

ohhh post that bad boy!!!

ENN0 wrote: »
    ohhh post that bad boy!!!

I will tomorrow once I get a camera and the cling filim is off.

I love it, he captured the image perfectly and now it's all fixed up I'm super mega happy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Shimei and Tread_softly... very nice work! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement