Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ignore list

Options
  • 30-08-2008 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

i think the ignore list is handy bit still if a person posts on your ignore list it says "x person has posted but you cannt osee it as he/she is on your ignore list" which almost defeats the purpose because these messages are all over the thread then. do people agree that if someone is on your ignore list then they should be completely invisible, with no mention of them at all on threads, i thaught that was the point of the ignore list! well that my €0.02!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

did someone say something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Why am I the only person posting in this thread? I don't even know what it's about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

:D

I'm not fully clear on this though: can you still view the posts by the person you've put on your ignore list?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

* places grames bond on ignore list *

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

copacetic wrote: »
    did someone say something?
    I dunno, you stared this thread. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How come you can't add to ignore list by clicking a username? I'm sure that used to be the way

Mike

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Dudess wrote: »
    :D

I'm not fully clear on this though: can you still view the posts by the person you've put on your ignore list?

Here's the difference:

ignore1_thumb.jpg notignore_thumb.jpg

I dunno, you stared this thread. :confused:

Did I? Had myself on ignore so didn't notice.
    I had to take you off ignore to see what you were saying too.

( it wasn't worth it:D)

But back on topic, a feature I would like is if you have someone on ignore then you shouln't be able to see their posts quoted by other people either.

Outside of the soccer forum there is no real need for it though. Mike probably agrees, wonder if he will be along soon??

SteveC wrote: »
    Here's the difference:

ignore1_thumb.jpg notignore_thumb.jpg

turning off avatars and sigs would make your life much simpler and less cluttered steveC

That looks just like when there's a deleted post in a forum you moderate. I'm presuming there's the option to still view the post up on the top right-hand corner?

• Advertisement

Can you turn off avatars too?

That looks just like when there's a deleted post in a forum you moderate. I'm presuming there's the option to still view the post up on the top right-hand corner?

yep, there is a view post clicky where the manage post clicky would be on a deleted post.

Just on case you want to see what you are ignoring!

WindSock wrote: »

yep.

(can even turn off ads as well, if a subscriber)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mmmmhm, UserCP->Edit Options. Same area as turning off sigs and images.

yep, there is a view post clicky where the manage post clicky would be on a deleted post.

Just on case you want to see what you are ignoring!
    Hmmm... very much defeats the purpose then all right.

It would seem to make more sense if it was as if nothing had been posted at all - again, to use the moderating comparison, like the way non moderators of a particular forum can't see deleted posts, as if they never existed in the first place.

The only way then that the ignored party's post would be visible is if it was quoted by someone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yes, you can choose not to display avatars, sigs, or images in options

Hmmm... very much defeats the purpose then all right.

well sometimes I use to to confirm that yes, indeed I was right to put a boardsie on ignore! Only the one for me..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Who are you ignoring op? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

You could choose not to read their post.

problem solved

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I ignore nobody. The sun sometimes shines on us all, even on a dog's arse.

• Advertisement

Just turned off avatars. Thats wierd, now i don't kow who's who :confused: Cant ever imagine I will turn on sigs though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Just turned off avatars. Thats wierd, now i don't kow who's who :confused: Cant ever imagine I will turn on sigs though.

Well then delete your own sig! Why would you partake in something you hate?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Who are you ignoring op? :pac:

yeah im not sayin!
    snyper wrote: »
    You could choose not to read their post.

problem solved

the problem is that is still says "you cannot read thos post because user is on your ignore list etc etc" so there are still things there visible! and when a person constantlyu posts over and over theres just a list of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

yeah im not sayin!

the problem is that is still says "you cannot read thos post because user is on your ignore list etc etc" so there are still things there visible! and when a person constantlyu posts over and over theres just a list of them!

It will solve very little tbh. Ignoring people tends to make a thread look a bit retarded and disjointed, to the person ignoring.

Similarly, if a person on your ignore list is quoted by a person who is not on your ignore list, you get to see what they are saying despite them being ignored by you:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hobart wrote: »
    It will solve very little tbh. Ignoring people tends to make a thread look a bit retarded and disjointed, to the person ignoring.

Similarly, if a person on your ignore list is quoted by a person who is not on your ignore list, you get to see what they are saying despite them being ignored by you:)!
    That's why I asked for this feature: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055356693

No annoying PMs from people you don't want to talk to, but you can still see their posts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Strange that its been over a day and the OP hasnt had any replies yet? :confused:

Seriously though, I dont use the ignore feature. There are muppets on boards, but not that many. Dont see the point of a discussion board if people are going to remove certain poster's comments.

Well then delete your own sig! Why would you partake in something you hate?

No, my sig was given to me by a friend and it rocks. If I had the option to only see my sig, then I would. But I don't so I won't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

faceman wrote: »
    Strange that its been over a day and the OP hasnt had any replies yet? :confused:

erm i have had a few replies! take me off ignore will ya!! ;)

edit: sorry you meant no one has directly replied to my OP.....yeah im probably just fighting a losing battle!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

turning off avatars and sigs would make your life much simpler and less cluttered steveC

No way. Those are the most awesome sigs on boards!

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    That's why I asked for this feature: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055356693

No annoying PMs from people you don't want to talk to, but you can still see their posts.

I'm sorry that is even more silly than ignoring people.
    Besides I only sent you like 5 pms that is nowhere near annoying for me via pm.
    I didn't even hit on you ffs!
    There are people on here who have me locked up if pming was a crime.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement