Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Irish Broadband ( IBB )

Options
  • 30-08-2008 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to move to UPC so i'm just looking for a little advice on cancelling the contract I have with IBB.

I dropped them an email a week ago asking them about the processes I should go through to cancel the broadband service I have with them. I'm outside the 12 month period so AFAIK I can leave whenever. I haven't heard back since so should I just cancel the direct debit and dump all the equipment?

Just to add, I sent an email to them a few months back (3-4 now) asking the same thing but they never got back. I ended up not cancelling the contract because I was going abroad for a few months and the others in the house didnt want the hassle of switching companies so they waited until I came back.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Call them on the phone to cancel, shouldn't be a problem if you're outside the minimum 12 months. They'll organise someone to pick up the wireless gear at a later point.

I just made the switch from IBB to UPC, going from 3Mb breeze €48 to 20Mb cable €40... no brainer really :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Either ring them, or write a letter and send it by registered post. Give them the obligatory 1 month notice, pay the final month, and cancel the direct debit. They should send someone to collect the equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Bollox if im paying for the following month, IBB made me pay for the month in advance when I signed up. Ill give them a ring on Monday morning so.

Jilm, how long did it take them to come and take the gear down. I'm switching to UPC too so should I cancel the IBB first, then order UPC or will I just do both at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

I rang IBB to cancel service on 13/8, was paid up till the 24/8 when it was turned off. IBB will pick up the gear this Monday. It was a pretty smooth process.

I ordered UPC broadband & scheduled installation a couple of weeks ago through their site and an engineer installed it on the 25th no prob. There's a week to a fortnight wait for installations. Obviously, make sure cable broadband can be installed where you live before you cancel IBB.

Advertisement